Today Picture



Baba Ka Dhaba: Case filed against Delhi YouTuber on owner’s complaint


The police case was filed on Friday against YouTube blogger Wasan following the complaint lodged by Prasad on October 31, nearly a month after the video went viral.

A police case has been registered against the Delhi based YouTube blogger for allegedly misappropriation of funds received as donation for the owners of ‘Baba Ka Dhaba.’

The complaint has been registered by the owner of ‘Baba Ka Dhaba’ Kanta Prasad whose ordeal was shared by YouTuber Gaurav Wasan as he had shot a video of the 80-year-old owner who teared up as he was recounting his desperation in the months of lockdown. The video was shared widely across social media platforms and people poured in to help the elderly couple.

The police case was filed on Friday against YouTube blogger Wasan following the complaint lodged by Prasad on October 31, nearly a month after the video went viral.

In his complaint, Prasad has alleged that Wasan “intentionally and deliberately shared only his and his family/friends’ bank details and mobile numbers with the donors and collected a huge amount of donation… without providing any information to the complainant”.

The owner of the eatery Kanta Prasad, accompanied by his lawyer Prem Joshi and another blogger Tushant, alleged that Wasan handed over a cheque of Rs 2.33 lakh on October 26 after he was trolled for not handing over the money he had raised for Kanta Prasad.

Tushant alleged that Wasan had disclosed in bank statements from October 7 to 10, while he received money after that. He demanded that Wasan to reveal his bank statement till October 26. Prem Joshi, the lawyer for Prasad said Wasan ‘lied’ about owner Kanta Prasad not having a bank account in the initial video shared by him.

Joshi also said that on October 26 when Wasan handed the cheque Kanta Prasad, he made him sign a paper claiming that all dues had been settled. However, later on he again gave a cheque of Rs 1.45 lakh to Prasad.

YouTuber Gaurav Wasan has denied the allegations against him and has submitted his bank statements till November 2 to the police.




China suspends entry of foreign nationals including India, cites surge in Covid cases


It is not only India, but the dragon country has also suspended visitors from Britain, France, Belgium, Bangladesh and the Philippines.

Citing the rise in cases of coronavirus, China, the origin country of the deadly virus, has suspended the entry by foreign nationals from India even with valid visas or residence permits.

It is not only India, but the dragon country has also suspended visitors from Britain, France, Belgium, Bangladesh and the Philippines.

“Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, it is hereby announced that China has decided to temporarily suspend the entry into China by foreign nationals in India holding valid Chinese visas or residence permits,” the embassy said in a note.

“The Chinese embassy/consulates in India will not stamp the health declaration forms for the holders of the above-mentioned categories of visa or residence permits,” it said.

The note clarified that foreigners holding Chinese “diplomatic, service, courtesy and C visas are not affected.”

“Foreigners with emergency or humanitarian needs to visit China can submit visa application to the Chinese embassy/consulates in India. The entry into China with visas issued after November 3rd is not affected,” it said.

The suspension is a temporary measure that China has to adapt to deal with the current pandemic, it said.

“China will make further adjustment and announcement in accordance with the ongoing pandemic situation in a timely manner,” it said.

Both the Asian giants are engaged in tensions since last five months at the eastern Ladakh border.

The eighth round of corps commanders meeting to discuss the stand-off at the Line of Actual Control

Addressing a press conference ahead of Air Force Day on October 8, Air Chief Marshal Bhadauria said Chinese air power can’t get the better of India’s capabilities but at the same time added that there is no question of underestimating the adversary.

He also said that the IAF is prepared to deal with a two-front war along the northern and western borders if such a scenario arises. “Be rest assured that we have deployed strongly to deal with any contingency,” the IAF chief said when asked about the situation in eastern Ladakh and possible threat from China in the region.




Delhi, neighbouring areas continue to remain under thick blanket of haze, AQI deteriorates



With the winter season arrived at the doorstep, the national capital witnesses depleting pollution level as on Friday, neighbouring areas continued to remain under a thick blanket of haze and the air quality in the region continued to deteriorate further.

As per the reports, the deteriorating condition is largely due to farm fires in neighbouring Haryana and Punjab.

The overall air quality recorded at 486 in Delhi, according to the System of Air Quality and Weather Forecasting And Research (SAFAR).

Several areas in the national capital have recorded levels of PM 2.5 particulate above the 400-mark.

The worst air quality (507) was recorded in Bawana in outer Delhi, while Wazirpur, at 272, was one of the least polluted, as per readings taken at 8 am.

It is to be noted that the Delhi government has already banned use of firecrackers in view of the persistently high pollution and smog levels that experts believe put more people at risk from the coronavirus.

A layer of haze lingered over the national capital and its suburbs on Thursday morning, with raging farm fires and a fall in the wind speed and temperatures pushing air quality to the worst levels in around a year.

As the skies hung heavy and acrid over the region, people complained of itchy throat and watery eyes.

Experts said unfavourable meteorological conditions — calm winds and low temperatures — and smoke from farm fires in neighbouring states led to a dense layer of haze on Wednesday night as the air quality index entered the “severe” zone.




‘Last election’ ploy was ‘plea for mercy’: P Chidambaram on Bihar CM Nitish Kumar’s claim


‘When Mr Nitish Kumar declares that this will be his ‘last election’ he has effectively conceded defeat,’ P Chidambaram said on Twitter.

Congress leader P Chidambaram on Thursday claimed Bihar chief minister Nitish Kumar has conceded defeat by declaring the ongoing state assembly polls as the last election he is contesting.

The senior Congress leader also alleged that the “last election” ploy was a “plea for mercy” due to Mr Kumar’s non-performance.

“When Mr Nitish Kumar declares that this will be his ‘last election’ he has effectively conceded defeat,” P Chidambaram said on Twitter.

The former finance minister also said, the “Last election ploy is not an appeal for support based on his performance, but a plea for mercy on the basis of his non-performance”.

“Why should the people of Bihar vote for a person who, if elected, will be a lame duck from day one,” he asked.

On the last day of campaigning for the third phase of the Bihar polls, Nitish Kumar stunned his audience with his remark that the assembly elections under way in the state were his last.

The NDA chief ministerial candidate was addressing a rally at Dhamdaha in Purnea district. Campaigning for the last of the three-phase election ended on Thursday.

“Today is the last day of campaign. Polling will take place day after tomorrow. This is my last election. All is well that ends well,” said Nitish Kumar.




‘Lie after lie after lie about election being stolen’: US TV networks pull plug on live coverage of Trump


The president spoke as late vote-counting in battleground states showed Democrat Joe Biden steadily closing in on victory. 

Several US TV networks late Thursday halted live coverage of Donald Trump’s first public appearance since election night after concluding that the president was spreading disinformation.

Trump unleashed a flood of incendiary and unsubstantiated claims in a 17-minute address, insisting that Democrats were using “illegal votes” to “steal the election from us.”

The president spoke as late vote-counting in battleground states showed Democrat Joe Biden steadily closing in on victory.

“OK, here we are again in the unusual position of not only interrupting the president of the United States but correcting the president of the United States,” said MSNBC anchor Brian Williams, as the network quickly ended its live coverage.

NBC and ABC News also pulled the plug on their live coverage of Trump.

“What a sad night for the United states of America to hear their president say that, to falsely accuse people of trying to steal the election,” said CNN’s Jake Tapper.

He described it as “lie after lie after lie about the election being stolen,” with no evidence, “just smears.”




‘It’s clear that we’re winning enough states to reach 270 electoral votes’: Joe Biden


With results from Tuesday’s election showing Biden steadily nearing the threshold necessary to win the White House, Trump has mounted legal challenges in efforts to suspend the counting of ballots or force recounts in battlegrounds that will determine the next president.

US Democrat Joe Biden said Wednesday he was confident of winning the presidency once all votes are counted, saying he was leading Donald Trump in the remaining swing states that will determine the election’s outcome.

With results from Tuesday’s election showing Biden steadily nearing the threshold necessary to win the White House, Trump has mounted legal challenges in efforts to suspend the counting of ballots or force recounts in battlegrounds that will determine the next president.

“After a long night of counting, it’s clear that we’re winning enough states to reach 270 electoral votes needed to win the presidency,” Biden said in his hometown of Wilmington, Delaware.

“I’m not here to declare that we won. But I am here to report, when the count is finished, we believe we will be the winners,” Biden added.

Even as US networks called Michigan — and its 16 electoral votes — for Biden Wednesday, the president’s campaign announced a lawsuit to try and suspend the vote count in the fiercely contested battleground.

Biden, speaking in a measured and calm tone, pushed back, declaring that “every vote must be counted.”

“We the people will not be silenced,” he added, as his running mate Kamala Harris stood by his side.

The 77-year-old former vice president spoke about the three Great Lakes states that could be key to a Biden victory, noting he had won Wisconsin by 20,000 votes.

“In Michigan, we lead by over 35,000 votes and it’s growing — a substantially bigger margin than President Trump won Michigan in 2016,” he said.

And when it comes to perhaps the pivotal state of the entire election, Biden said, “I feel very good about Pennsylvania.”

Trump leads in the Keystone State with 84 percent of precincts reporting. But Biden said the vast majority of remaining ballots to be counted were mailed in, and that he has been winning some 78 percent of the votes by mail in Pennsylvania.




Amit Shah reaches West Bengal, will share lunch will tribal community


Amit Shah’s first stop is in Bankura town, where he will hold an organisational meeting for the party in the key Jangalmahal area.

On the day of arrival of Home Minister Amit Shah in Kolkata last evening, the West Bengal BJP once again demonstrated it was in full battle mode as the workers have a tussle with the police at Central Avenue.

Amit Shah’s first stop is in Bankura town, where he will hold an organisational meeting for the party in the key Jangalmahal area.


Jangalmahal area is dominated by the tribal population and was once overrun by Maoists.

On November 5, Union Home Minister will visit Bankura and address the party workers and leaders from the different section of the society and have lunch with a tribal family in Chaturdhi village of Bankura district.


Bankura district, which is the first stop of the Home Minister Shah has been prepared to welcome him as banners have been put up all across the dirstrict.


Met with the family of our martyred Booth Vice President Madan Ghorai in Kolkata. I bow to his braveheart family. @BJP4India will always remain indebted to our karyakartas who have given their supreme sacrifice while fighting against atrocities and injustice in West Bengal.


As per the schedule, Amit Shah will have lunch with a tribal family at Bankura. On Friday in Kolkata, he will share a meal at a Matua home.

The Matua community, originally from erstwhile East Pakistan, wants citizenship under the new Citizenship Amendment Act. They voted BJP in 2019 and their young Matua MP, Santanu Thakur, has been lately complaining about the delay in the implementation of the Act.




Second batch of Rafale jets joins IAF today, covers 7,000-odd km flying non-stop from France


‘Second batch of IAF Rafale aircraft arrived in India at 8:14 pm on 04 Nov 20 after flying non-stop from France,’ IAF informed in a tweet.

The second batch of the Rafale jets is set to join the Indian Air Force on Thursday as the fleet has arrived in India. This time, the jets have covered the 7,000-odd km flying non-stop from France, the IAF posted after the three aircraft landed.

“Second batch of IAF Rafale aircraft arrived in India at 8:14 pm on 04 Nov 20 after flying non-stop from France,” IAF informed in a tweet.


“Welcome home ‘Golden Arrows’. Blue skies always,” the Indian Air Force tweeted with a photo of the Rafales in the “Arrow formation”.

The IAF had also tweeted an audio clip of the Rafale fleet’s exchange with a naval warship as they crossed the Indian Ocean.

The first fleet of Rafale combat jets was inducted into the ‘Golden Arrows’ 17 Squadron of the Indian Air Force.

The ‘Golden Arrows’ 17 Squadron, which operated from the Bhatinda air base, was disbanded in 2016 after the Indian Air Force started gradual phasing out of Russian-origin MIG-21 jets. It was formed in 1951 and initially flew the Havilland Vampire F Mk 52 fighters.

The squadron has been resurrected and will be the first unit to fly the multi-role Rafale fighter jets.

The first Rafale fighter was handed over to the Indian Air Force (IAF) in October 2019 in a ceremony attended by the French Minister for Armed Forces Madame Florence Parly and Indian Defence Minister Rajnath Singh. Delivery of ten aircraft has been completed on schedule. Five will stay back in France for training mission. The delivery of all 36 aircraft will be completed on schedule by the end of 2021.

Meanwhile, the Rafale would be a game changer in the current scenario when India is locked in multiple standoffs with the Chinese People’s Liberation Army in its northern borders, while in the western borders, it is busy tackling the increasing cross-border firing and infiltration bids by Pakistan-based terror groups.

This will provide the IAF a much-needed muscle amid a depleting fighter strength.

The induction of all 36 jets will be completed by 2023, Chief of Air Staff Air Chief Marshal RKS Bhadauria has said.




Thousands of Biden, Trump’s supporters protest at New York, Detroit demanding every vote be counted


In New York’s Democratic stronghold demonstrators were hopeful but wary of calling it for their candidate Biden just yet.

Thousands of Joe Biden supporters marched Wednesday evening in New York to demand every vote in the tight presidential election be counted, as some Donald Trump supporters protested in Detroit demanding a halt to ballot counting in the key state of Michigan.

New York demonstrators were peaceful and spanned generations, with marchers heading from Fifth Avenue towards Washington Square Park in the heart of Manhattan’s Greenwich Village.

In New York’s Democratic stronghold demonstrators were hopeful but wary of calling it for their candidate Biden just yet.

“We need to count every vote in this election,” said Sarah Boyagian, part of the Protect The Results Coalition behind the demonstration organized under tight police supervision.

“Donald Trump has claimed the election before every vote is counted and we are sending the message that that is not acceptable,” the 29-year-old told AFP.

John Fraser, 47, said he’s “worried Trump is going to void the vote.”

“I am not sure Biden has won, we have to wait until all votes are counted,” said the software developer, adding: “I am worried that democracy is hanging by a thread right now.”

The Detroit protest outside a ballot processing center were far more tense, according to an AFP photographer and clips on social media.

Cries of “stop the count!” rang out in the city in Michigan — where US media declared Biden the victor — as Trump’s campaign announced a lawsuit to try and suspend the vote count, claiming its team was denied proper access to observe vote counting.

Social media clips showed protestors with fists raised prevented from entering the center by police.

With Michigan’s 16 electoral votes, Biden now has a total of 264 — six shy of the magic number of 270 needed to win the US presidency, according to US network projections.




Jaishankar urges Gulf states to facilitate return of workers


External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar made the request at the annual political dialogue with the GCC Troika, which was held virtually due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

India urged members of the Gulf Cooperation Council (GCC) Troika to facilitate the return of Indian workers to Gulf nations through sustainable travel bubble arrangements.

External Affairs Minister S Jaishankar made the request at the annual political dialogue with the GCC Troika, which was held virtually due to the Covid-19 pandemic.

The minister further informed the GCC countries about the progress made by India in vaccine development and manufacturing of diagnostic and other equipment pertaining to the coronavirus.

The GCC was represented at the troika-level by Dr. Nayef Falah M Al-Hajraf, Secretary General of GCC, Abdullatif bin Rashid Al Zayani, Minister of Foreign Affairs, Bahrain and Anwar bin Mohammed Gargash, Minister of State for Foreign Affairs. UAE Senior representatives from Saudi Arabia, Kuwait and Qatar also participated in the meeting.

The External Affairs Ministry later said, “The EAM (Jaishankar) mentioned that a large number of Indian workers and professionals are now eager to return to the GCC countries to resume their work. He urged the GCC leadership to facilitate their return through sustainable travel bubble arrangements with India, the MEA added.

The GCC welcomed India’s inclusion in the UNSC as a non-permanent member from January 2021. “The leaders also exchanged views on regional and international issues of mutual concern. They agreed that the India-GCC partnership in political, economic and other domains would be further strengthened. Both sides affirmed their commitment to reform multilateral institutions to reflect the realities of the 21st century and to work together to address contemporary challenges such as the Covid-19 pandemic, climate change, sustainable development and terrorism”, the MEA said.





Top