Delhi: Woman sells 15-year-old daughter for Rs 1 lakh after selling toddler to trafficker


Delhi: Woman sells 15-year-old daughter for Rs 1 lakh after selling toddler to trafficker

On Sunday, the Delhi Commission for Women has said that it has rescued a 15-year-old girl from outer Delhi’s Bawana. The 15-year-old girl was allegedly sold by her mother to a trafficker.

According to the Hindustan Times, the minor was told by her mother that they were going to her sister’s place in Badarpur, but instead took her to a hotel in Nizamuddin. The incident took place on September 8. The girl was taken to a hotel where a deal was struck, after which her mother told her that she had to go somewhere and that a man named Shahid would take her home.

But instead, the man took the girl to his place in Ishwar Colony in Bawana. The man then asked the girl to get ready in a wedding dress to force her into prostitution. The Delhi Commission for Women told the leading daily, that the man told the girl that her mother had sold her off for Rs 1 lakh. The girl found an escape and with Rs 10 in her pocket managed to get a shared auto-rickshaw ride back to her house in Bawana JJ Colony.

Later with the help of neighbours, she called Delhi Commission for Women after which she was rescued and a formal complaint was registered. The girl used to live with her mother, stepfather and four siblings. The police have registered an FIR under section 370A of the Indian Penal Code. The girl informed the Delhi Commission for Women that her mother had sold off one-year-old brother last month to a trafficker for Rs 1 lakh in order to repay a debt.

 
 
 



Voting for DUSU election underway, NSUI candidate detained


Voting for DUSU election underway, NSUI candidate detained

New Delhi: Polling for four positions of Delhi University Students Union (DUSU) is underway at 52 polling centres on Thursday, with 16 candidates in the fray and over 1.3 lakh students eligible to cast their votes. The polling began at 9.30 am.

Congress-affiliated National Students' Union of India claimed its joint secretary candidate Abhishek Chaprana was denied entry to polling booths in Dayal Singh College in south Delhi. The student outfit claimed Chaprana was illegally detained.

However, police said he was canvassing for votes outside the college, which is not allowed. When he was asked not to canvass, he "misbehaved" with policemen and had to be detained, police said.

Out of the 16 candidates in fray, there are only four women in contention, while two of them are contesting independently. The RSS-affiliated Akhil Bhartiya Vidyarthi Parishad (ABVP) has fielded Akshit Dahiya for the post of DUSU president, Pradeep Tanwar for the vice president's post, Yogit Rathee for the general secretary's post and Shivangi Kherwal for the post of joint secretary.

The National Students Union of India (NSUI) has pitted Chetna Tyagi against Dahiya and Left-backed AISA's Damini Kain for the post of president.

The NSUI has fielded Ankit Bharti for the vice president's post, Ashish Lamba for the secretary's post and Abhishek Chaprana for the post of joint secretary.

Last year, the RSS-affiliated Akhil Bharatiya Vidyarthi Parishad had won three posts while the NSUI won one post.




Infrastructure in industrial estate to be augmented with Central aid: Pondy Minister MOHF Shahjahan


Infrastructure in industrial estate to be augmented with Central aid: Pondy Minister MOHF Shahjahan
 



Armed forces should be at forefront of combating bioterrorism: Rajnath Singh


Armed forces should be at forefront of combating bioterrorism: Rajnath Singh

New Delhi: Bioterrorism is a real threat in today's time and the armed forces medical services should be at the forefront of combating the menace, Defence Minister Rajnath Singh said on Thursday.

Speaking at the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation's First Military Medicine Conference, Singh said bioterrorism breaks out as a "contagious plague". "The armed forces and its medical services have to be at the forefront of combating this menace," Singh said. 




What is the month of Moharram, and who was Imam Hussain


What is the month of Moharram, and who was Imam Hussain

What is moharram
'Moharram' is the name of the first month of the Islamic calendar. It is from this month that the new year of Islam begins. The 10th of this month is called Day of Ashura, this day is called Moharram in the English calendar.

Why is Moharram celebrated
In the month of Moharram, Imam Hussain, the younger Nawase of Hazrat Muhammad Sahab, the founder of the religion of Islam, and his 72 followers were slaughtered. Hazrat Hussain was martyred while fighting Yazid's army in Iraq's city of Karbala.

Imam Hussain was the reason for Yitid from Naitifaki
In Islam, only one God has been asked to pray. Things like deception, lies, manipulation, gambling, alcoholism are forbidden in Islam. Hazrat Mohammed followed these instructions and instructed all Muslims and their families to follow these Islamic principles.

On the other hand, from where Islam emerged, there was a period of a ruler named Mu'awiya in 'Sham', some distance from Madina. After the death of Mu'awiya, Yazid as the royal heir, in which all the demerits were present, he sat on the throne of the evening.

Yajid wanted Imam Hussain to confirm his sitting on the throne as he is a member of Mohammad and he has a good influence on the people there.

The house of Hazrat Mohammed refused to accept a person like Yazid as the Islamic ruler because Islamic values ​​were of no value to Yazid. Along with Yajid's refusal to obey, he also decided that he would now leave his maternal grandfather Hazrat Mohammad Saheb's city of Medina so that peace would remain there.

The battle was decided in this situation
Imam Hussain was leaving Medina forever with family and some loved ones heading to Iraq. But Yajid's army surrounded his convoy near Karbala. Yajid placed conditions before him which Imam Hussain flatly refused to accept. In lieu of not accepting the condition, Yajid spoke of war.

While talking to Yazid, Imam Hussein stayed in the path of Iraq with his convoy by putting a tent on the banks of the river Furat. But the Yazidi army ordered the tents of Imam Hussain to be removed from the banks of the river Furat and did not even allow them to take water from the river.

This is how the war started
The Imam did not intend to fight because his convoy consisted of only 72 people. In which the six-month-old son included his sister-daughters, wife and small children. The date was a stampede, and it was summer time. It may be noted that even today in Iraq (May), the normal daytime temperatures in summer are more than 50 degrees. By seven moharram, the amount of food and water that Imam Hussain had, was over.

Imam kept on working with patience, avoiding the war. From 7 to 10 Muharram, Imam Hussain was a member of his family and a hungry thirsty person.

10 The person who went to Muharram one by one towards Imam Hussain, fought with Yazid's army. When all the companions of Imam Hussain were killed, then after the prayer of Asr (noon), Imam Hussain himself went and he was also killed. In this battle, one son of Imam Hussain, Zainulabedin survived because he was ill on 10 Moharram and later he was succeeded by Muhammed Saheb.

Moharram is celebrated in memory of this sacrifice. This incident of Karbala is a sacrifice made by the house of Hazrat Mohammad for the protection of Islam. After killing Imam Hussain and his male companions and family members, Yajid ordered the arrest of the women of Hazrat Imam Hussain's family.

After Imam Hussain's death
Yazid, describing himself as the victor, told those watching Hussain's robbed convoy that this fate was done against those who went against Yajid's rule. Yajid committed extreme crimes against the women of Muhammed's house. They kept him in the prison where Husain's innocent child Sakina died in the (Syria) prison.

However, more than 1400 years have passed since this incident. In Katl-e-Hussain Asl is Marg-e-Yazid. Islam is alive after every Tomb.




BJP leader raped me for year: law student


BJP leader raped me for year: law student
 



UN human rights chief expresses concern over impact of restrictions in Kashmir, asks India to ease current lockdowns


UN human rights chief expresses concern over impact of restrictions in Kashmir, asks India to ease current lockdowns

Geneva: UN human rights chief Michelle Bachelet on Monday expressed "deep concern" over the impact of restrictions in Kashmir, and asked India to ease the current lockdowns to ensure people's access to basic services.

Bachelet, the UN High Commissioner for Human Rights, also asked Pakistan and India to ensure that the human rights of the Kashmiri people are respected and protected, amid tensions between the two neighbours after the abrogation of special status of Jammu and Kashmir by New Delhi. In her opening statement at the 42st session of the Human Rights Council, she also asked India to ensure that the National Register of Citizens (NRC) verification in Assam does not leave the people stateless.

On Kashmir, she said her office continues to receive reports on the human rights situation on both sides of the Line of Control. "I am deeply concerned about the impact of recent actions by the Government of India on the human rights of Kashmiris, including restrictions on internet communications and peaceful assembly, and the detention of local political leaders and activists," she said.

"While I continue to urge the Governments of India and Pakistan to ensure that human rights are respected and protected, I have appealed particularly to India to ease the current lockdowns or curfews; to ensure people's access to basic services; and that all due process rights are respected for those who have been detained," she said.

Asserting that the abrogation of Article 370 of its Constitution to withdraw J&K's special status was its "internal matter", India has defended imposition of restrictions in the Kashmir Valley on the grounds that they were put to prevent Pakistan from creating more mischief through proxies and terrorists. On Saturday, National Security Advisor Ajit Doval said mobile phone and Internet services can easily be used by Pakistan and terrorists for subversive activities, but the denial of these services should not prevent people from going about their lives.

"Even before Internet came into our lives people were going about their lives doing business," he said, while acknowledging that people are unhappy with these restrictions. "In any society, people always want more than what they have. But to us their life is more important," Doval said adding that 92.5 per cent of the geographical area of Jammu & Kashmir is now without restrictions.

The government last month decided to abrogate provisions of Article 370 in J&K, and bifurcate it into two Union Territories, evoking strong reactions from Pakistan with its Prime Minister Imran Khan making provocative anti-India rhetoric, which India dubbed as "irresponsible statements". Bachelet also said it was important that the people of Kashmir are consulted and engaged in any decision-making processes that have an impact on their future.

On India's NRC exercise, she said the recent verification process in Assam has caused great uncertainty and anxiety, with some 1.9 million people excluded from the final list published on August 31. She appealed to the Indian government to ensure due process during the appeals process, prevent deportation or detention, and ensure people are protected from statelessness.

India says updating of the NRC is a statutory, transparent, legal process mandated by the Supreme Court of India. It maintains that the exclusion from the NRC has no implication on the rights of an individual resident in Assam. "For those who are not in the final list will not be detained and will continue to enjoy all the rights as before till they have exhausted all the remedies available under the law. It does not make the excluded person "Stateless'," the External Affairs Ministry said in a statement last week. "It also does not make him or her 'a Foreigner', within the legal meaning of the term. They will not be deprived of any rights or entitlements which they have enjoyed before," the statement said.

 
 



Dr. Raman Singh and Rajesh Moonat in trouble, Congress is going to complain here


Dr. Raman Singh and Rajesh Moonat in trouble, Congress is going to complain here

It is said that a source of seven and a half crores has been complained for the purchase and sale. Congressmen have demanded an inquiry into the matter from the ED.

Raipur. Former Chhattisgarh Chief Minister Dr. Raman Singh and former BJP Minister Rajesh Munat are facing difficulties. The Congress is going to complain against these big faces of BJP. Please tell that a complaint has been made against the former PWD Minister Rajesh Munat in the ED (Enforcement Directorate). According to the information, Congress MLA Vikas Upadhyay (Vikas Upadhyay) has filed a complaint in the ED against Rajesh Munat. The Congress MLA has complained after the disclosure of Manturam Pawar regarding Antagarh Tape Scandal. It is said that a source of seven and a half crores has been complained for the purchase and sale. Congressmen have demanded an inquiry into the matter from the ED. It is known that Manturam had mentioned about the transaction of money in Rajesh Munat's bungalow.

Preparation of complaint in Income Tax Department as well

According to the information, the Congress is going to complain against Dr. Raman Singh, Rajesh Munat, former CM in the Income Tax Department. According to the information, Congress MLA Vikas Upadhyay is going to complain in IT on Thursday. This complaint is going to be about the source of seven and a half crore rupees. It is said that the Congress is going to complain against Dr. Raman Singh, Rajesh Moonat, Ajit Jogi, Amit Jogi, Dr. Punit Gupta, son-in-law of Dr. Raman Singh.

Manturam Pawar had made this charge

The name of Antagarh bypoll chief accused Manturam Pawar made a big disclosure in the statement given in court on Saturday under section 164, between former CM Raman Singh, Ajit Jogi, Rajesh Munat, Amit Jogi, Feroze Siddiqui and Ameen Menon Said to be a deal in return for seven and a half crores. Manturam had said that democracy was killed at that time and that there should be strong action against the culprits .. Let me tell you that Manturam Pawar was a Congress candidate in the 2014 by-election by-election and brought political backlash at the last minute. Four months after the incident, an audio tape was released which mentioned all the buying and dealing.




Bengaluru: PM Modi to witness final descent of Chandrayaan 2


Bengaluru: PM Modi to witness final descent of Chandrayaan 2

New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi will on Friday visit the Indian Research Space Organisation (ISRO) Headquarters at Bengaluru to witness the final descent of Chandrayaan 2 to the lunar south Pole, an official statement said.

"The PM will be interacting with the winners of the Space Quiz conducted for students of Class 8 to 10 across India during the event," it said.

Modi's visit to the ISRO would be a boost to the morale of the Indian Space Scientists and an inspiration for the young to develop an innovative mind and inquiring spirit, it added.

The Prime Minister has termed Chandrayaan 2 Mission as "Indian at heart, Indian in spirit!" Outlining the significance of the mission for the common Indian citizens, he said,

"What would make every Indian overjoyed is the fact that it is a fully indigenous mission."India's moon lander Vikram is all set to land on the moon during wee hours on September 7.

The scientists at the Satellite Control Centre of the ISRO Telemetry, Tracking and Command Network in Bengaluru, are busy with the preparations for the historic moment.

"The lander will be subjected to a powered descent towards the lunar terrain between 1 am and 2 am which will lead the probe to touch down on the floor between 1.30 am and 2.30 am," the ISRO said.

After about four hours of landing, Vikram will allow the rover Pragyaan to roll out from it and do the probing of the lunar soil.

 
 
 



Delhi Court adjourns Aircel-Maxis case against P Chidambaram sine die


Delhi Court adjourns Aircel-Maxis case against P Chidambaram sine die

New Delhi: A Delhi court on Friday adjourned Aircel-Maxis case, involving former Union Minister P Chidambaram and his son Karti, sine die, noting that the CBI and the ED were seeking repeated adjournments. Special Judge O P Saini adjourned the matter without giving any date for further hearing, saying that the prosecution may approach the court as and when the probe is complete.

The court on Thursday granted anticipatory bail to Chidambarams in the corruption case filed by the CBI as well as in the money laundering matter lodged by the Enforcement Directorate (ED) in relation to the Aircel-Maxis deal. The matter was listed for arguments on the cognizance of chargesheet in the case. However, Solicitor General Tushar Mehta and Special Public Prosecutor Nitesh Rana, appearing for the CBI and the ED respectively, sought adjournment on the ground that response to Letters Rogatory (LRs) were awaited.

The agencies requested the court to adjourn the matter for first week in October. "Prosecution seeking date after dates. Matter deferred sine die. Prosecution asked to approach the Court as and when the investigation is complete and as and when they receive Letters Rogatory (LRs) from various countries," the court said. CBI and the ED are probing how Karti Chidambaram received clearance from the Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) for the Aircel-Maxis deal in 2006 when his father was Union finance minister.

CBI and the Enforcement Directorate had alleged that the Congress leader, as finance minister during the United Progressive Alliance (UPA) regime, granted approval to the deal beyond his capacity benefitting certain persons, and received kickbacks.

 
 
 



Top