HM Amit Shah visits National Police Memorial, pays tribute to martyrs of central, state police forces
New Delhi: Home Minister Amit Shah Sunday visited the National Police Memorial here and paid tributes to over 34,000 policemen who laid down their lives while serving the nation. Shah said India is secured because of the supreme sacrifice of the police martyrs.
“I visited the National Police Memorial this morning and paid tributes to our martyrs of the central and state police forces, who have sacrificed their lives in the line of duty,” he tweeted after visiting the memorial located in the capital’s Chanakyapuri area.
The home minister said he was overwhelmed after visiting the memorial which was erected as a mark of respect to over 34,000 policemen who sacrificed their lives protecting the nation.
“I salute their valour and courage. A grateful nation is indebted to them for their supreme sacrifice,” he said.
Union Home Secretary Rajiv Gauba and Director of the Intelligence Bureau Rajiv Jain accompanied Shah.The National Police Memorial, a 30-foot-tall and 238-tonne black granite structure, was unveiled by Prime Minister Narendra Modi on October 21 last year on the occasion of police commemoration day.
Post Lok Sabha results, Congress social media head Divya Spandana goes missing from Twitter
New Delhi: Days after the announcement of Lok Sabha results, the official Twitter handle of Congress social media head Divya Spandana, known for targeting the BJP, has gone missing from the micro-blogging site.
A search for @divyaspandana on the micro-blogging site says “Sorry, that page doesn’t exist!”. There has been no official confirmation on the reason behind the Twitter account going missing.
Spandana was among the Congress leaders who took jibes at the Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) leaders on Twitter.
Attempt to murder charge for raising Jai Shri Ram, Tathagata Roy’s jibe at Mamata Banerjee
New Delhi: Those who raised ‘Jai Shri Ram’ slogan may well be booked under attempt-to-murder charge in West Bengal, said Meghalaya Governor Tathagata Roy on Saturday in a veiled attack on Mamata Banerjee. “It is perfectly possible that the people who shouted ‘Jai Shri Ram’ wud be slapped with non-bailable attempt-to-murder (S.307 IPC) cases.
I should know, it happened to ME in 2011! I was booked under 307 because I made a speech the local MLA didn’t like. Had to spend a night in JC,” Roy wrote on Twitter while retweeting a tweet about Banerjee reprimanding people raising ‘Jai Shri Ram’ slogan.
Roy’s tweet came after Banerjee on Thursday lost her cool when a group of men raised ‘Jai Shri Ram’ slogan as her convoy passed through Bhatpara area of North 24 Parganas district. “These are all outsiders and BJP people, they are criminals and were abusing me. They are not from Bengal,” she said after getting off her car, adding that action will be taken against them.
Banerjee on Wednesday declined to attend the swearing-in ceremony of Prime Minister Narendra Modi objecting to the families of BJP workers, allegedly killed in political violence in West Bengal, being invited to the function.
In an election that was marred by violence, the BJP has made deep inroads into the Trinamool Congress territory in West Bengal by winning 18 seats and cutting the TMC to size by limiting its win to only 22 seats against 34 it won in the previous Lok Sabha election.
Chhattisgarh: Opposition for the incomplete construction of Raipur, waiting for the completion of these projects
There are many projects in Smart City that are already incomplete before the assembly elections and they are not even seen before the monsoon.
In Chhattisgarh's capital Raipur, there has been an outcry for the lives of people incomplete construction. There are many projects in Smart City that are already incomplete before the assembly elections and they are not even seen before the monsoon. Due to this incomplete construction many people have lost their lives. Projects such as Sky Walk, built in the center of Raipur, are inviting many deadly accidents. Due to this reason questions are being raised on these projects. Let's take a look at those construction works which have become trouble for Raipur.
Project 1 Sky Walk:
Sky Walk remained in the capital, the most controversial project of all time. Despite many protests, it was being built by the previous BJP government. After the government changes in the state, the Congress has scuttled it. There were demands like breaking Sky Walk and making a flyover instead, but no decision was taken and now after the completion of about 70 per cent of work, Bhupesh Sarkar has banned it. The construction of this ski walk, which was built at a cost of around 50 crore, was to be completed by 23 January 2018 but now Bhupesh Govt is in a state of confusion about it. While there have been accidents too many times ...
Project 2 Expressway:
From the existing city to New Raipur, the road has been constructed from the station to the Maungej expressway in the 12 km. Here the work of the forelane is completed in the outskirts of the city, but the screw inside the city is still trapped. Narrogos Expressway is the most expensive road project in the capital so far. It is expensive because of bridges from station to tolibandha. From there only 6 km to the Radadi Durbar is the only road. In this way, the cost of the first phase of 12 km is 249 crore rupees. After this, the cost of 10 km of road from Shadani Durbar to Central (New Capital) has been estimated at 150 Crore, i.e. the total cost of 22 Kms. Road is 400 crores. Due to the road becoming a major traffic divert of the capital and traffic within the city also got relief, but its work has now stopped and it will take time to complete the work.
Project 3 Canal Road Overbridge:
Construction of second flyover on canal road leading from Pondi to Lalpur is incomplete. Traffic pressure on this road is high due to the road going from Raipur to Dhamtari. The over bridge was being constructed here. The construction of a 600 meter-long bridge at a cost of about 20 crore was to be constructed here, which was to be ready in the maximum one-and-a-half years, but the work here is only in the last two and a half years.
These arguments are given to the responsible
Ramesh Singh Thakur, the deputy leader of the corporation, said that these projects were started by the BJP government. But the Congress government stopped all the projects instead of fulfilling those projects. At the same time, Mayor Pramod Dubey argues that the contract was given to Bina in the previous government and now the notice is being issued to the contractors only under government rules.
Mayawati calls for meeting of BSP leaders to discuss poll drubbing
New Delhi: After the recent drubbing in Lok Sabha elections, BSP supremo Mayawati has called for a meeting of party leaders on June 3 to discuss the reasons leading to dismal performance. Newly-elected BSP parliamentarians, Lok Sabha elections candidates, zone in-charges and district presidents will take part in the meeting at the party’s office in the national capital.
This is the first meeting of the party after the conclusion of national elections. BSP stitched an alliance with SP and RLD in Uttar Pradesh and contested on 38 parliamentary seats, however, they could only manage to win 10. SP bagged 5, while RLD drew a blank. BJP swept the state by bagging 62 out of the total 80 seats. (ANI)
Begusarai: BJP panchayat president found dead
Begusarai: A Bharatiya Janata Party (BJP) worker was allegedly murdered by unidentified persons, police said on Friday. The deceased was identified as Pankaj Singh, the panchayat president and member of the BJP. The alleged crime occurred in Amror Kirtarpur village in Singhaur police station limits.
“The reason behind the gruesome killing is yet to be known. Prima facie it appears that he was hit with a hammer-like object, however, more clarity on the injuries would be confirmed by the doctors after the post-mortal examination,” Manish Kumar Singh, Station House Officer (SHO) of Singhaur Police Station told ANI over the phone.
The incident came to light when the deceased’s mother came to wake him up in the morning and found him lying dead in a pool of blood. A case has been registered under the relevant sections of the law and the investigation in the matter is underway. The corpse has been sent for post-mortem.
Assam: Another AK-56 rifle seized from detained NDFB terrorist
Gossaigaon: In a follow-up to the investigation of Wednesday’s recovery of an AK-56 rifle and one 7.65mm pistol from Rohiton Narzary, an NDFB(S) terrorist, it was revealed that the detained terrorist had concealed another AK-56 rifle with magazines and ammunition.
In the special operation led by Additional SP (B) and Kokrajhar Police, one AK-56 rifle, three magazines and 90 rounds of ammunition were recovered from the house of one Banendra Narzary of Oxiguri village under Soraibil OP of Gossaigaon Police Station.
The development comes two days after Rohiton, affiliated to National Democratic Front of Boroland (NDFB), was arrested in a joint operation launched by the Army and police. “We have seized 1 pistol and 15 rounds of bullet from his possession. As we investigated further, we found one AK-56, one magazine and 21 rounds of bullets buried at the yard of his residence,” Officer Bidyut Bikas Bohra of Gossaigaon police station had said on May 29.
Woman, 4-year-old son killed in Delhi’s Patel Nagar
New Delhi: A 26-year-old woman and her 4-year-old son were found dead at their house in Delhi’s Patel Nagar on Thursday night. The woman’s throat was slit with a sharp weapon, while the boy, who was apparently hanged, was found lying on the floor of their house in Prem Nagar, the police said.
According to the police, they received two different PCR calls about the incident. A police team was sent right away to the house,” a senior police officer said. Police said the identity of the murderer is still unknown. The husband of the deceased works in a factory in Moti Nagar.
Meet Sriramanujam- World’s first visually-impaired news reader from India
For some people like R.Sriramanujam, there is a great scope despite being blind. He was not someone who usually cursed his fate but instead, he decided to change his chapter by achieving something great in his life. This goes to show how determined he is.
He approached his life with a fresh perspective and today he is the world’s first blind news reader. Hailing from Tamil Nadu, he has received praises for his attitude. He may not see the whole world but he made the whole world see him. This sums up the essential Sriramanujan for you!
The 14-year-old T Sriramanujan is visually impaired since his birth but that didn’t stop him from fulfilling his evergreen dream of becoming a news anchor. He went live for 22 minutes on the Lotus News which is a satellite television channel based at Coimbatore. Thus he became world’s first visually impaired news anchor as claimed by the channel.
Sriramanujam is a student of the blind school and reads the special news live with Braille-reading technique. He developed the habit of reading through fingers. He shared his first experience that he was petrified with fear when he was actually reading the news for the first time. But after going about his business, he had gone from strength to strength to cover topics such as national, sports and entertainment news.
He told the Hindu, “I was trembling with fear when I read the first news. But, on reading it, I gained confidence and read the remaining 30 news items in my half-hour slot covering topics such as national, sports and entertainment news.”
Sriramanujam was blissfully pleased as punch that Lotus news channel has offered him a wonderful opportunity to showcase his mettle. He can now breath a sigh of relief to say that his long-cherished dream of becoming a new anchor is finally accomplished. He wishes to do it better as the days progress.
Channel Chairman, identified as G K S Selvakumar told PTI that the main aim of introducing the visually handicapped boy was to promote and create awareness on eye donation among the public, “So that such talented people get their vision back and achieve their goals.”
Aircel-Maxis case: Delhi court extends protection from arrest to P Chidambaram, Karti till Aug 1
New Delhi: A Delhi court Thursday extended till August 1 the interim protection from arrest granted to former Union Minister P Chidambaram and his son Karti in the Aircel-Maxis cases by the CBI and the ED.
Special Judge O P Saini extended the protection after the Enforcement Directorate (ED) sought three-weeks’ time to argue on their anticipatory bail plea, at which the lawyers appearing for Chidambarams requested for extension of interim protection granted to them earlier.
The agency said that its Special Director has gone to Singapore and it is to be seen if there would be any further development. The ED said they have details of the bank accounts which they are probing. The case relates to alleged irregularities in grant of Foreign Investment Promotion Board (FIPB) approval in the Aircel-Maxis deal.