Amid coronavirus outbreak, major temples across country, monuments like Taj Mahal to remain shut


Amid coronavirus outbreak, major temples across country, monuments like Taj Mahal to remain shut

Amid coronavirus outbreak, prominent temples and monuments have closed entry of people as a precautionary measure. Some prominent tourist and religious attractions in India will remain shut as a precautionary measure till further notice.

The Taj Mahal will be closed for tourists from Tuesday onwards amid the novel coronavirus pandemic. Officials said that the decision was communicated to them on Monday night by the Ministry of Tourism in New Delhi. The Taj Mahal's closure will be a major jolt to the domestic tourism industry, particularly the hospitality sector since the shutdown would lead to more cancellation of bookings in Agra.

The world-famous Ajanta and Ellora caves near Aurangabad, the popular Siddhivinayak temple in Mumbai and the Tuljabhawani temple in Osmanabad district would remain closed in view of the coronavirus situation in Maharashtra. Even entry restrictions to Mantralaya, the state secretariat in south Mumbai which sees thousands of visitors daily, will also be in force.

 
 

According to reports, devotees will not be allowed to attend 'Bhasmarti' at Mahakaleshwar temple in Ujjain till March 31 due to coronavirus. The coronavirus scare has impacted Lord Balaji hill shrine atop Tirumala with the Tirumala Tirupati Devasthanams deciding to cancel some daily and weekly rituals and religious events.

Even Vrindavan Iskcon Temple in Mathura has asked foreign devotees not to visit the temple. Saurabh Das, PRO of Vrindavan Iskcon Temple in Mathura told ANI, "Due to coronavirus, we've requested foreign devotees not to visit the temple for the next 2months. If they want to visit, they will have to produce the medical certificate to prove that they are not infected."

On Monday, the health ministry said that the number of confirmed novel coronavirus cases in India has gone up to 114. Covid-19, which has globally infected over 1.5 lakh people, is likely to cause more shutdowns across the country as more states rush to stop the virus from spreading.




Cattle smuggler shot dead, two accomplices injured in an encounter with UP Police


Cattle smuggler shot dead, two accomplices injured in an encounter with UP Police

Mathura: An alleged cattle smuggler, Afsar, was shot dead and his two accomplices were injured in an encounter with the Uttar Pradesh Police on the intervening night of Sunday and Monday.

Reports said that two constables were also injured in the exchange of fire.

According to police officials, seven alleged cattle smugglers, who were travelling in a pickup van, were intercepted by a police party during a vehicle checking on NH-2. They broke the barrier and opened fire in a bid to escape.

In retaliatory firing, while Afsar and his two accomplices, Billu and Yunus, were injured, two others, Irfan and Sadiq, were arrested. Two of their associates however, managed to escape.

Afsar, Billu and Yunus, who suffered bullet injuries, were immediately taken to a hospital where Afsar died during the treatment.

 
 

The other two are still under treatment. The police said that Afsar belonged to Mewat in Haryana.

Senior Superintendent of Police (SSP) Gaurav Grover said that the suspects, who were travelling in Bolero vehicle were smuggling six bovines, one of which was found dead. Four country made pistols of 315 bore along with five live cartridges and one sword were also recovered from them.

The SSP said that Afsar had a criminal history and had been booked in several cases in Haryana.

 
 
 



Lunch for solidarity - Congress says it has requisite numbers


Lunch for solidarity - Congress says it has requisite numbers

In view of the political instability in Madhya Pradesh, Congress MLAs continued their stay at two resorts in Jaipur. Senior Congress leaders like Harish Ravat, Mukul Wasnik and Rajasthan incharge Avinash Pande visited the legislators who have been housed to keep them safe from poaching.

While the Congress accused BJP of horse trading and misuse of money and muscle power, it apparently had its own hands full to ensure confidence building among the legislators about their numbers. For this a lunch for all the legislators was organised at the Buena Vista Resort. The legislators staying at the Tree House Resort were taken to Buen Vista for this. Informal talks were held among the MP MLAs and senior leaders and senior leaders Harish Ravat and Mukul Wasnik urged them to maintain unity. They also told the MLAs to keep their morale high. The legislators urged them to bring the remaining legislators from Bengaluru to Jaipur. To which the senior leaders asked the legislators to extend support to did this.

 
 
 



Four held for beating man to death over rift on ice cream in Delhi


Four held for beating man to death over rift on ice cream in Delhi

New Delhi: Four persons were held for allegedly beating a man to death following a rift while the latter was buying an ice cream here in Rohini on Wednesday, police said. The deceased youth has been identified as Amit Sharma (35).

According to police, Sharma along with his brother-in-law and a friend went out after dinner. They halted to buy ice cream at Rohini Sector-6 where they had an argument with four bike riders who were already present there. Following the rift, Sharma left the place but the four accused followed him.

At Sector-3 in Rohini, the four attacked Sharma and his brother-in-law with sticks. While Sharma received major injuries, his brother-in-law sustained minor ones.

Soon after receiving the information, police reached the spot and shifted Sharma to a nearby hospital where doctors declared him brought dead.

On the complaint of the victim's brother-in-law, police arrested the four accused identified as Karan, Lakshya, Dheeraj and Chhotu.

During the inquiry, it was revealed that Lakshya has done MBBS. The four accused involved in the incident were arrested in a few hours.

Police have seized sticks and two bikes from the possession of the accused. A case has been registered and further investigation is underway.

 
 
 



Youth killed while making TikTok video


Youth killed while making TikTok video

Muzaffarnagar: A newly-married youth, 23, was crushed to death when a speeding tractor on which he was performing stunts for Tik Tok overturned on him.

This is the second such incident in Muzaffarnagar within a fortnight. A few days ago, a man had drowned while shooting a video for Tik Tok.

Kapil, who had been married just two months ago, was performing stunts during the Holi revelry in Khindidiya village on Wednesday.

According to Ritiparn Singh, the village head of Khindidiya village, “Kapil was performing stunts and another man was shooting a video from the mobile phone. But he lost control over steering wheel and the tractor overturned on him,”.

Villagers said Kapil was trying to lift the front wheels of the speeding tractor in air when it overturned, killing him on the spot.Family members of Kapil cremated his body without informing the police.

Station House Officer (SHO) of Chapar police station said, “No complaint was given by the family members into the matter.”

This was second death in the last 15 days due to Tik Tok.


On February 28, Raj Qureshi, 18, was killed while taking a plunge into a canal in Meerapur area. Qureshi had decided to jump into the deep canal while his three friends were at the bank filming the stunt for Tik Tok.

But Qureshi hit a rock, got unconscious and drowned. His body was taken out two hours later.

SOURCE: IANS




Madhya Pradesh: Kailash Vijayvargiya may be BJP Rajya Sabha candidate


Madhya Pradesh: Kailash Vijayvargiya may be BJP Rajya Sabha candidate

BHOPAL: BJP may field in its national general secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya for RS elections.

BJP is all set to put in two candidates. The party is mulling over the names of Omprakash Dhurve, Lal Singh Arya and Vinod Gotia.

BJP held a meeting of its state election committee on Sunday. Earlier, it was decided that the meeting would be held in New Delhi, but as the party’s state president VD Sharma in Bhopal, the meeting was held there.

Nevertheless, many members of the committee could not take part in the meeting, because they were in Delhi.

On Saturday night, ex-CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Union minister Narendra Singh Tomar and party’s state in charge Vinay Shahasrabuddhe discussed about the names of the candidates.

According to reports, Vijayvargiya has the support of the central leadership. Besides Vijayvargiya, the BJP is making a strategy to win the second seat.

The names of 25 leaders, seeking tickets for RS elections, have been sent to the panel.

The names include those of Prabhat Jha and Satyanarayan Jatia. Three seats are falling vacant in the RS.

The names of other leaders seeking RS tickets have also been sent to the panel.




Rahul Gandhi, along with other Congress MPs protest at Parliament, demand Amit Shah’s resignation over Delhi violence


Rahul Gandhi, along with other Congress MPs protest at Parliament, demand Amit Shah’s resignation over Delhi violence

New Delhi: Along with other party lawmakers, Congress MP Rahul Gandhi on Friday staged a protest in front of Mahatma Gandhi statue at Parliament, demanding the resignation of Union Home Minister Amit Shah over recent Delhi violence.

"We are doing dharna here against the government. Congress MPs are protesting against Delhi violence. We are demanding resignation of Home Minister," Gandhi told ANI. During the protest, Congress MPs raised slogans -- "Give Justice, Give Justice to Delhi".


ANI

@ANI
#WATCH Rahul Gandhi and other Congress MPs protest near Mahatma Gandhi statue at Parliament, demanding the resignation of Union Home Minister Amit Shah over #DelhiViolence.

Embedded video
612
9:33 PM - Mar 5, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
403 people are talking about this
Accusing both the Centre and the Delhi government for the violence in the national capital, Congress interim president Sonia Gandhi had demanded the resignation of Shah. She has even called the violence a "well-planned conspiracy". Various opposition leaders including Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Nawab Malik had said that the Delhi violence was "pre-planned" and demanded the resignation of Union Home Minister.

"Supreme Court has said that several lives could have been saved. It indicated that the riots were pre-planned. Police were given some kind of order for not acting. Amit Shah must resign as he doesn't have a moral right to stay in the office of the Ministry of Home Affairs," Malik had told ANI. The Delhi violence has claimed 53 lives and left around 200 grievously injured.




Lucknow administration puts up hoardings with names of people involved in anti-CAA protests


Lucknow administration puts up hoardings with names of people involved in anti-CAA protests

The Lucknow district administration has started the process to shame as many as 57 people, identified for being allegedly involved in violence during the anti-CAA protest, by putting up hoardings with their names and addresses.

A total of 100 hoardings are being put up at all major crossings in the city with names and addresses of 57 persons who have been identified so far for being allegedly involved in the violence that broke out during anti-CAA protests in the state capital in December last year.

 
 

These persons are from Hasanganj, Hazratganj, Kaiserbagh and Thakurganj police station areas of the state capital. The administration has already issued recovery notices to these people for damaging public property worth Rs 1.55 crore. Lucknow District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash said that in case of failure to pay the recovery amount, the properties of the accused would be confiscated.

The administration has issued recovery notices to these people for damaging public property worth Rs 1.55 crore. Lucknow District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash said that in case of failure to pay the recovery amount, the properties of the accused would be confiscated (kurki). The administration has assessed the total damage worth Rs 1,55,62,537.

(Inputs from IANS and ANI)

 
 
 



Delhi Weather Update: National capital witnesses unseasonal rains, IMD says thunderstorms likely to hit the region


Delhi Weather Update: National capital witnesses unseasonal rains, IMD says thunderstorms likely to hit the region

Amid deadly coronavirus scare, now swine flu cases have gone up in Uttar Pradesh. A total of 81 positive cases of swine flu have been reported in Meerut.

Speaking on it, Meerut Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Dr. Rajkumar told the news agency ANI that 81 patients have been tested positive for swine flu in Meerut including 20 Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel.

"Till now, 81 patients have tested positive for swine flu in Meerut including 20 PAC jawans. 11 PAC jawans have been discharged from the hospital while other 9 PAC jawans will be discharged after 5 days. Till now, 387 people have been tested for swine flu," Dr Rajkumar told ANI.


ANI UP

@ANINewsUP
Dr Rajkumar, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Meerut on Swine Flu: 24 samples were sent for test today, one of them tested positive. The number of cases has gone up to 86. Only one PAC is currently admitted at the hospital, everyone else has been discharged. (05.03.2020)

View image on Twitter
13
4:33 PM - Mar 5, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See ANI UP's other Tweets
Till now eight people have died in Meerut after falling prey to swine flu. The Uttar Pradesh government has formed a team to examine the deaths. In the wake of swine flu cases, a team from Uttar Pradesh Directorate of Health Services visited Meerut on February 29.

The state administration has asked district hospitals and other private hospitals to increase the number of beds in the isolation wards. While the cases of swine flu are on the rise, doctors have advised that only one member of the family should be involved in taking care of the infected patient to avoid the spread of the disease. Doctors have even advised people to wash hands frequently, wear a mask when in the vicinity of the patient and take care of cleanliness in the patient's room.




8 swine flu deaths in Uttar Pradesh, 20 jawans test positive


8 swine flu deaths in Uttar Pradesh, 20 jawans test positive

Amid deadly coronavirus scare, now swine flu cases have gone up in Uttar Pradesh. A total of 81 positive cases of swine flu have been reported in Meerut.

Speaking on it, Meerut Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Dr. Rajkumar told the news agency ANI that 81 patients have been tested positive for swine flu in Meerut including 20 Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel.

"Till now, 81 patients have tested positive for swine flu in Meerut including 20 PAC jawans. 11 PAC jawans have been discharged from the hospital while other 9 PAC jawans will be discharged after 5 days. Till now, 387 people have been tested for swine flu," Dr Rajkumar told ANI.


ANI UP

@ANINewsUP
Dr Rajkumar, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Meerut on Swine Flu: 24 samples were sent for test today, one of them tested positive. The number of cases has gone up to 86. Only one PAC is currently admitted at the hospital, everyone else has been discharged. (05.03.2020)

View image on Twitter
13
4:33 PM - Mar 5, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See ANI UP's other Tweets
Till now eight people have died in Meerut after falling prey to swine flu. The Uttar Pradesh government has formed a team to examine the deaths. In the wake of swine flu cases, a team from Uttar Pradesh Directorate of Health Services visited Meerut on February 29.

The state administration has asked district hospitals and other private hospitals to increase the number of beds in the isolation wards. While the cases of swine flu are on the rise, doctors have advised that only one member of the family should be involved in taking care of the infected patient to avoid the spread of the disease. Doctors have even advised people to wash hands frequently, wear a mask when in the vicinity of the patient and take care of cleanliness in the patient's room.




Top