Madhya Pradesh: Kailash Vijayvargiya may be BJP Rajya Sabha candidate


Madhya Pradesh: Kailash Vijayvargiya may be BJP Rajya Sabha candidate

BHOPAL: BJP may field in its national general secretary Kailash Vijayvargiya for RS elections.

BJP is all set to put in two candidates. The party is mulling over the names of Omprakash Dhurve, Lal Singh Arya and Vinod Gotia.

BJP held a meeting of its state election committee on Sunday. Earlier, it was decided that the meeting would be held in New Delhi, but as the party’s state president VD Sharma in Bhopal, the meeting was held there.

Nevertheless, many members of the committee could not take part in the meeting, because they were in Delhi.

On Saturday night, ex-CM Shivraj Singh Chouhan, Union minister Narendra Singh Tomar and party’s state in charge Vinay Shahasrabuddhe discussed about the names of the candidates.

According to reports, Vijayvargiya has the support of the central leadership. Besides Vijayvargiya, the BJP is making a strategy to win the second seat.

The names of 25 leaders, seeking tickets for RS elections, have been sent to the panel.

The names include those of Prabhat Jha and Satyanarayan Jatia. Three seats are falling vacant in the RS.

The names of other leaders seeking RS tickets have also been sent to the panel.




Rahul Gandhi, along with other Congress MPs protest at Parliament, demand Amit Shah’s resignation over Delhi violence


Rahul Gandhi, along with other Congress MPs protest at Parliament, demand Amit Shah’s resignation over Delhi violence

New Delhi: Along with other party lawmakers, Congress MP Rahul Gandhi on Friday staged a protest in front of Mahatma Gandhi statue at Parliament, demanding the resignation of Union Home Minister Amit Shah over recent Delhi violence.

"We are doing dharna here against the government. Congress MPs are protesting against Delhi violence. We are demanding resignation of Home Minister," Gandhi told ANI. During the protest, Congress MPs raised slogans -- "Give Justice, Give Justice to Delhi".


ANI

@ANI
#WATCH Rahul Gandhi and other Congress MPs protest near Mahatma Gandhi statue at Parliament, demanding the resignation of Union Home Minister Amit Shah over #DelhiViolence.

Embedded video
612
9:33 PM - Mar 5, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
403 people are talking about this
Accusing both the Centre and the Delhi government for the violence in the national capital, Congress interim president Sonia Gandhi had demanded the resignation of Shah. She has even called the violence a "well-planned conspiracy". Various opposition leaders including Nationalist Congress Party (NCP) leader Nawab Malik had said that the Delhi violence was "pre-planned" and demanded the resignation of Union Home Minister.

"Supreme Court has said that several lives could have been saved. It indicated that the riots were pre-planned. Police were given some kind of order for not acting. Amit Shah must resign as he doesn't have a moral right to stay in the office of the Ministry of Home Affairs," Malik had told ANI. The Delhi violence has claimed 53 lives and left around 200 grievously injured.




Lucknow administration puts up hoardings with names of people involved in anti-CAA protests


Lucknow administration puts up hoardings with names of people involved in anti-CAA protests

The Lucknow district administration has started the process to shame as many as 57 people, identified for being allegedly involved in violence during the anti-CAA protest, by putting up hoardings with their names and addresses.

A total of 100 hoardings are being put up at all major crossings in the city with names and addresses of 57 persons who have been identified so far for being allegedly involved in the violence that broke out during anti-CAA protests in the state capital in December last year.

 
 

These persons are from Hasanganj, Hazratganj, Kaiserbagh and Thakurganj police station areas of the state capital. The administration has already issued recovery notices to these people for damaging public property worth Rs 1.55 crore. Lucknow District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash said that in case of failure to pay the recovery amount, the properties of the accused would be confiscated.

The administration has issued recovery notices to these people for damaging public property worth Rs 1.55 crore. Lucknow District Magistrate Abhishek Prakash said that in case of failure to pay the recovery amount, the properties of the accused would be confiscated (kurki). The administration has assessed the total damage worth Rs 1,55,62,537.

(Inputs from IANS and ANI)

 
 
 



Delhi Weather Update: National capital witnesses unseasonal rains, IMD says thunderstorms likely to hit the region


Delhi Weather Update: National capital witnesses unseasonal rains, IMD says thunderstorms likely to hit the region

Amid deadly coronavirus scare, now swine flu cases have gone up in Uttar Pradesh. A total of 81 positive cases of swine flu have been reported in Meerut.

Speaking on it, Meerut Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Dr. Rajkumar told the news agency ANI that 81 patients have been tested positive for swine flu in Meerut including 20 Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel.

"Till now, 81 patients have tested positive for swine flu in Meerut including 20 PAC jawans. 11 PAC jawans have been discharged from the hospital while other 9 PAC jawans will be discharged after 5 days. Till now, 387 people have been tested for swine flu," Dr Rajkumar told ANI.


ANI UP

@ANINewsUP
Dr Rajkumar, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Meerut on Swine Flu: 24 samples were sent for test today, one of them tested positive. The number of cases has gone up to 86. Only one PAC is currently admitted at the hospital, everyone else has been discharged. (05.03.2020)

View image on Twitter
13
4:33 PM - Mar 5, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See ANI UP's other Tweets
Till now eight people have died in Meerut after falling prey to swine flu. The Uttar Pradesh government has formed a team to examine the deaths. In the wake of swine flu cases, a team from Uttar Pradesh Directorate of Health Services visited Meerut on February 29.

The state administration has asked district hospitals and other private hospitals to increase the number of beds in the isolation wards. While the cases of swine flu are on the rise, doctors have advised that only one member of the family should be involved in taking care of the infected patient to avoid the spread of the disease. Doctors have even advised people to wash hands frequently, wear a mask when in the vicinity of the patient and take care of cleanliness in the patient's room.




8 swine flu deaths in Uttar Pradesh, 20 jawans test positive


8 swine flu deaths in Uttar Pradesh, 20 jawans test positive

Amid deadly coronavirus scare, now swine flu cases have gone up in Uttar Pradesh. A total of 81 positive cases of swine flu have been reported in Meerut.

Speaking on it, Meerut Chief Medical Officer (CMO) Dr. Rajkumar told the news agency ANI that 81 patients have been tested positive for swine flu in Meerut including 20 Provincial Armed Constabulary (PAC) personnel.

"Till now, 81 patients have tested positive for swine flu in Meerut including 20 PAC jawans. 11 PAC jawans have been discharged from the hospital while other 9 PAC jawans will be discharged after 5 days. Till now, 387 people have been tested for swine flu," Dr Rajkumar told ANI.


ANI UP

@ANINewsUP
Dr Rajkumar, Chief Medical Officer (CMO) of Meerut on Swine Flu: 24 samples were sent for test today, one of them tested positive. The number of cases has gone up to 86. Only one PAC is currently admitted at the hospital, everyone else has been discharged. (05.03.2020)

View image on Twitter
13
4:33 PM - Mar 5, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
See ANI UP's other Tweets
Till now eight people have died in Meerut after falling prey to swine flu. The Uttar Pradesh government has formed a team to examine the deaths. In the wake of swine flu cases, a team from Uttar Pradesh Directorate of Health Services visited Meerut on February 29.

The state administration has asked district hospitals and other private hospitals to increase the number of beds in the isolation wards. While the cases of swine flu are on the rise, doctors have advised that only one member of the family should be involved in taking care of the infected patient to avoid the spread of the disease. Doctors have even advised people to wash hands frequently, wear a mask when in the vicinity of the patient and take care of cleanliness in the patient's room.




Delhi Violence: Were Shahrukh and Tahir working helping the Delhi police?


Delhi Violence: Were Shahrukh and Tahir working helping the Delhi police?

New Delhi: Did Delhi Police have any understanding with the two most wanted persons -- Shahrukh Pathan and Tahir Hussain -- in the riots that shook the capital recently?

The sequence of events in the run-up to the arrest of Shahrukh Pathan from Shamli in Uttar Pradesh on Tuesday and the surrender of Hussain on Thursday in a Rouse Avenue court raises some questions which no police officer is willing to comment on, particularly at a time when the new Commissioner of Police S.N. Shrivastava has taken charge.

A Crime Branch officer told IANS on the condition of anonymity that the enthusiasm of police had vanished with the arrest of Shahrukh, but the circumstances in which he was caught "easily" by the Crime Branch were self-explanatory.

 
 

The officer asked if Shahrukh, who had held a pistol to Constable Deepak Dahia during the violence, was indeed evading police, then why no reward for his arrest was announced immediately after he had absconded.

Another SP-rank officer said that Shahrukh was on the run due to the fear of police encounter. His family too was looking for ways to make him surrender before the Crime Branch. Once it was confirmed he would not be killed in a police encounter, he himself walked into the police net, the officer claimed.

He said the police should have announced a reward of at least Rs 1 lakh in the initial stages itself. Since this did not happen, he claimed, it was clear that the absconding criminal or his family or someone he knew was in contact with the police throughout.

Fingers have now been raised over Tahir's surrender in court, "without the Crime Branch getting to know about his impending action".

Was the intelligence apparatus caught napping or was Hussain too in constant touch with police to ensure his hassle-free surrender?

Attempts by IANS to talk to Crime Branch Additional Commissioner of Police Dr Ajit Kumar Singla on the issue did not elicit any response.

 
 
 



16,076 people have been screened at ports, so far, says Harsh Vardhan


16,076 people have been screened at ports, so far, says Harsh Vardhan

After the number of coronavirus cases rose to 29 in India, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan on Wednesday said that 16,076 people coming from China and other countries have been screened at ports.

The Union Health Minister while addressing Rajya Sabha on coronavirus outbreak said that till March 4, 28529 people were brought under community surveillance and are being monitored.

While briefing the Rajya Sabha on coronavirus outbreak, the Union Health Minister said that he is daily reviewing the situation. "I am daily reviewing the situation. A Group of Ministers is also monitoring the situation," Harsh Vardhan said.

Union Health Minister while briefing the Rajya Sabha also said that till March 4, there have been 29 positive cases of Coronavirus in India. Harsh Vardhan also said that, "India initiated required preparedness and action since 17th January, much before advice of the WHO." "The government is taking all necessary measures to prevent spread of COVID-19 in India," he further added.

On Wednesday, Union Health Minister Harsh Vardhan in a press conference had said that all international passengers will henceforth be screened at airports. While giving a break-up for 28 coronavirus cases in India, Union Health Minister said one patient is from Delhi, six more, his relatives, are from Agra, one is from Telangana and there are 16 Italians as well as their Indian driver in Rajasthan. On the other hand, e-commerce payment system Paytm's employee in Gurgaon was tested positive for the coronavirus.

The death toll of coronavirus in China has crossed 3,000 with 31 new fatalities and the total number of confirmed cases jumped to over 80,400, while Chinese President Xi Jinping has called for "undiminished vigilance", saying the situation in virus-hit Wuhan still remains severe despite positive progress.




Madhya Pradesh: Operation Lotus vs Operation Panja begins ahead of Rajya Sabha polls


Madhya Pradesh: Operation Lotus vs Operation Panja begins ahead of Rajya Sabha polls

BHOPAL: Operation Lotus has begun after 14 months of formation of the Congress government in MP.

The BJP is making an all-out effort to topple the state government to win two Rajya Sabha seats.

Ten Congress legislators are in contact with the BJP. The Congress, too, is not lagging behind.

It has launched ‘Operation Panja’ to counter the BJP’s move to oust the Kamal Nath-led government. As part of its plan, the Congress has contacted six BJP legislators.

The Congress legislators, the BJP is in contact with, are from Gwalior, Chambal and Bundelkhand.

It is reported that some of the legislators from those areas are in Delhi. In order to show its strength before the Rajya Sabha elections, the BJP is trying to woo those MLAs.

The Congress legislators who are reportedly in touch with the BJP leaders belong to the factions of former chief minister Digvijaya Singh and former MP Jyotiraditya Scindia.

Accordingly, the Congress is keeping an eye on the party legislators. The ministers have been asked to keep in touch with the MLAs.

Nath is also contacting the disgruntled party legislators. Sources said some of the Congress MLAs’ switching off mobile phones has caused more doubts.

(box)

BJP keeping watch on six legislators

The Congress too is keeping an eye on six BJP legislators. The party is trying to woo those MLAs. Chief Minister Kamal Nath is in direct touch with two BJP MLAs, Sharad Kol and Narayan Tripathi. Besides, the party is in contact with BJP MLAs, Rajesh Prajapati (Chandla), Manisha Singh (Jaitpur), Rakesh Giri (Tikamgarh), Shivnarayan Singh (Bandhavgarh).

Cong MLA accuses BJP of offering money

Congress MLA from Sabalgarh, Baijnath Kushwaha, alleged that the BJP had offered him money and a ministerial berth. Kushwah reached the residence of GAD minister Govind Singh and alleged that BJP leader Pramod Sharma had offered him Rs 25 crore and a ministerial berth. Kushwah said he had the recording of the offer made to him. Kushwah said Sharma had met him a month ago and made the offer.

"Those involved in buying MLAs using black money, are the ones who are afraid that their corrupt practices will be exposed by Congress govt. But Congress govt in Madhya Pradesh will run for 5 years. If needed, conduct a floor test," Madhya Pradesh Minister BS Rathore told news agency ANI.

Bhupendra Singh takes Ramabi to Delhi: Diggy

Amidst the talks of toppling of the Congress government, former chief minister Digvijaya Singh twitted that the BJP began to take SP and BSP legislators to New Delhi. BJP MLA, Bhupendra Singh, took BSP legislator, Rambai, to Delhi on a chartered plane. He wanted to know whether Shivraj Singh Chouhan had anything to say about it. Singh also wrote that he had full confidence in Rambai who appreciates the work of Kamal Nath and would continue to support the government.




27-year-old woman held for blackmailing ex-classmate


27-year-old woman held for blackmailing ex-classmate

Hyderabad: A 27-year-old woman, resident of SF colony, Vanasthalipuram allegedly blackmailed her former classmate. She also extorted Rs. 2 lakh from the victim.

As per the details of the case, the woman created a fake Instagram profile of the victim. After creating the profile, she started blackmailing him by posting his private photos. She also sent abusive messages to the victim.

Upon receiving the complaint, Cybercrime police traced the woman and arrested her.

Later, she was presented before the court of law. The judge sent her into judicial custody.

 




PM Narendra Modi speaks about Pakistan but keeps mum on economy, says Kamal Nath


PM Narendra Modi speaks about Pakistan but keeps mum on economy, says Kamal Nath

Indore: Chief Minister Kamal Nath on Friday lashed out at the Narendra Modi-led government for riots in North-east New Delhi which claimed 42 lives. He expressed concern over the happenings in the national capital. "It is a matter of great concern that the culture of brotherhood in our country is being harmed. We have to save this culture together," the chief minister said.

Nath took a swipe at Modi saying these days he (PM) talks a lot about Pakistan but does not talk about important issues like ‘stalled economy’ and unemployment etc.

The chief minister was speaking at a function in Rau on Friday to launch development works worth Rs 877 crore along with farm loan waiver of Rs 18 crore and other projects worth Rs 500 crore.

"Have you heard Modi in the last one year talking about the youth, employment, farmers and stalled economy? He talks about Pakistan nowadays," he said. "We are all ready to face Pakistan. But we will be able to face Pakistan only when the future of our youth is secure," he said. "Modi talks about nationalism....I want to ask BJP leaders to name one person from their party who was a freedom fighter," he said. "They will not be able to give us one name. But they will certainly preach nationalism to the Congress," Nath added.

Nath said several Muslim workers who were with the saffron party but quit recently in protest against the CAA AND joined the Congress. Former Indore councilor Usman Patel was one of them. "I joined the Congress because this party takes along everybody, Hindus, Muslims, Sikhs and Christians," Patel said.

Nath also criticized the BJP government of Chouhan. He said, “After coming to power, the Congress government faced a lot of challenges as the government coffer was empty. The BJP handed us the state which was on number one in several fronts—like farmers’ suicide, unemployment, crime against women etc. “It was quite challenging for us and we also helped the agriculture sector improve. The state has about 70 percent people working in agriculture sector.” Further lauding work of Congress govt, Nath said, “We worked hard to meet the promises made in the manifesto.”

Nath also praised Minister of higher education Jitu Patwari and his Rau constituency. Other cabinet ministers, Tulsi Silawat (health minister), Sachin Yadav (agriculture minister), Bala Bachhan (Home minister) and Congress leaders also praised Patwari. All the Congress leaders talked on loan waiver of farmers.

HM Bala Bachan said, “The government is waiving loan of farmers in four phases. In the first phase we have waved loan of Rs 122 Cr of about 23,533 farmers, in second phase loan waved of Rs 28 Cr of about 11,766 farmers, two more phases of waiving loan will be done.”

In another event held in the city, the CM said reporters when queried on the Bihar Assembly passing a resolution against the National Register of Citizens exercise, Nath said, "The people (JDU) running the government in Bihar with the BJP, are openly saying such things on citizenship issues. But for the BJP, they (JDU) are right, and we (Congress) are wrong."

FPJ 




Top