Floods devastated in Pakistan, 100 dead and thousands homeless, see VIDEO
In Mansoon Rain in Pakistan, nearly 100 people lost their lives (Hundred People Died) and more than a thousand people became homeless.
Islamabad In Mansoon Rain in Pakistan, nearly 100 people lost their lives (Hundred People Died) and more than a thousand people became homeless. Pakistan has been raining continuously for the last four days. Pakistan's National Disaster Management Agency said that on Tuesday, the floods in Karachi's roads, streets and houses were flooded. The sewage systems of most cities of Pakistan have become outdated due to which the water on the roads has become more flooded.
Many people are trapped outside the house
Due to the rapid flow of water on the roads, many people could not return to their homes and got trapped here and there. Due to rain, 31 people died in southern Sindh province while 23 people were reported killed in Khyber Pakhtunkhwa.
Death of 15 people in Balochistan There are reports of death of 15 people in South West area of Balochistan. There have been reports of 13 people killed in the northern parts of Pakistan. Three people have died in Pakistan occupied Kashmir due to floods.
Meteorological Department has predicted more rain
Pakistan's Meteorological Department has predicted heavy rains in Karachi this week. Prime Minister Imran Khan had earlier this month sent an army contingent with the help of the local administration to deal with the situation of water logging from the rain.
Also read: Alibaba company refuses to invest in India due to tension with China
New Zealand mosque attack: Witness told terrorist - My eyes can't forget you ...
Sardar Sarfaraz, head of Pakistan Meteorological Department, said that there was a little more than 50 mm of rain in Karachi due to which the water in the low lying areas has been flooded.
South Korea reports highest Coronavirus cases since March
South Korea has reported 441 new coronavirus cases on Thursday, the highest spike in the number of single-day infections since March 7.
The new figure took the overall caseload in the country to 18,706 and was also a triple-digit growth for 14 straight days, according to a media report.
The cases were traced to services at the Sarang Jeil Church in Seoul and also a massive rally held in the capital city on August 15.
The infections linked to the Sarang Jeil Church totalled to 939, while those linked to the August 15 rally rose to 219.
Seven were imported from overseas, lifting the combined figure to 2,770.
A total of 93 more patients were discharged from quarantine after making full recovery, taking the overall number to 14,461.
The country has been held up as a global model in how to curb the virus and rushed to contain new infections as life returned to normal.
Some the high schools were forced to turn back pupils shortly after resuming classes early in June over concerns of new virus cases in their neighbourhood.
South Korea endured one of the worst early outbreaks of the disease outside mainland China, and while it never imposed a compulsory lockdown, strict social distancing had been widely observed since March.
WHO said- Corona will be hit by more people, but the hope is yet to come
The WHO has issued a warning saying that the coronavirus is still in circulation and most of the population may still be vulnerable. WHO's Kovid-19 technical head of cases, Dr. Maria van Kerkhov, has said that it is now almost clear that Kovid-19 is not a seasonal virus and a lot of preparation is needed to deal with it.
Paris. The World Health Organization (WHO) has issued a warning saying that the coronavirus is still roaming and most of the population may still be vulnerable. WHO's Kovid-19 technical head of cases, Dr. Maria van Kerkhov, said that it is now almost clear that Kovid-19 is not a seasonal virus and a lot of preparation is needed to deal with it. On the other hand, WHO Chief Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said that it is never too late to deal with any epidemic and if rightly fought against Corona, then there can be a ray of hope.
Tedros said, 'There are major pains and difficulties behind these figures, but I want to make it clear, there is still a silver lining, we must have hoped. There is never any time to take necessary steps to prevent any epidemic. Tedros said that apart from strict provisions to prevent Kovid-19, all methods of preventing infection have to be adopted only then the world will be safe. Doctor Maria urged people to do whatever possible to avoid the virus, such as following social distancing, wearing masks, avoiding crowds and following the rules of quarantine.
2 million infected
The WHO chief said that the number of people infected with the corona virus has reached two crore, including about 7,50,000 death cases. Tedros said that many countries did not devise a new strategy to fight the virus and the condition worsened. He laid the example of New Zealand for the world and said, 'Leaders must take steps to take measures and citizens need to adopt new measures.' Let me tell you that there has been no case of virus in New Zealand for 100 days. Tedros said that the measures that countries have recently adopted, including Britain and France, are a good example of the specific strategies needed to prevent new cases.
200 times enlarged cases
Worldwide corona infection cases have crossed 20 million. According to Johns Hopkins University statistics, there are currently 20,004,254 cases of corona infection worldwide. Cases of infection have doubled worldwide in just six weeks. Not only this, cases of infection have increased 200 times since mid-March. According to the World Health Organization (WHO), more than seven hundred thirty thousand people have died so far worldwide.
On Sunday, the total number of infections in America reached 5 million. The total number of infections here is one fourth of the total number of infections worldwide. It is the most affected country in the world with highest number of corona infections and deaths due to it. One out of every 65 people in the US is corona positive, while one out of every 2000 person is losing their lives due to the virus since the onset of infection.
Belarus: When a lone protestor built a wall in front of hundreds of policemen
In Belarus, the public has taken to the streets against President Alexander Lukashenko. Lukashenko has threatened that stern action will be taken against the protesters challenging the official election results.
Minsk. Since the results of the presidential election, the public in Belarus (Belarus) has taken to the streets against President Alexander Lukashenko. Lukashenko has threatened that stern action will be taken against the protesters challenging the official election results. However, a picture has emerged from Belarus that reminds of China's Thienmann Square. In the capital Minsk, a lone protestor wall was erected here in front of the vehicles of the security personnel who were strict towards the protesters.
In this video which is going viral on social media, it is seen that police vehicles are moving in a queue on a road in Minsk, when a lone protestor stands in front of them. The police also use the water canon on this protestor but that does not go away. However, after this, the vehicles move in the queue and some policemen get down and arrest this person. Belarus President Alexander Lukashenko is known as Europe's last dictator and has been in power for the last 26 years.
Threats to protestersAlexandr Lukashenko warned on Monday that opposition protesters will face stern action to challenge the official election results that extend his 26-year rule. Lukashenko also accused the opposition protesters that they were acting at the behest of their foreign mentors. Hundreds of people were injured and thousands were taken into custody just hours after Sunday's voting, when police released tear gas shells on protesters and ruthlessly acted against them. Most of the protesters are young. Human rights activists said that one person died after being crushed by a police truck. However, the authorities have denied this.
After the defeat of Shwetlana Tsikanuskaya, young resentment officials said on Monday that Lukashenko was elected for the sixth time and received more than 80 percent of the vote. At the same time, opposition candidate Shwetlana Tsikanuskaya got 9.9 percent votes. Tsikanuskaya rejected the official results as a sham and vowed to challenge it. The opposition is planning new protests in the capital, Minsk and other cities later in the day. However, Lukashenko warned that he would not hesitate to use force again to disperse opposition protesters. He argued that the protesters injured 25 police officers and tried to take control of government buildings in several cities of the country, after which the police took appropriate action.
Sixty-five-year-old Lukashenko claimed that the opposition is being directed from Poland and the Czech Republic and some groups in Ukraine and Russia may also be behind the protests. The Home Ministry said on Monday that no one died during the protests. He described the news of death during demonstrations as 'completely fake'. According to officials, 89 people were injured during the protest, including 39 law enforcement officers. Also about 3,000 people were detained. Of these, 1000 people were detained in Minsk.
Lukashenko was elected for the sixth time
Election officials in Belarus have said that Alexander Lukashenko has been elected president for the sixth consecutive time. According to the preliminary results of Sunday's election, he got more than 80 percent of the votes. It is noteworthy that this election led to widespread protests across Belarus and violent action was taken against the protesters. Lukashenko is the absolute ruler of Belarus. The country's Central Election Commission announced the counting of ballots on Monday. She also said that Lukashenko received 80.23 percent of the vote, while his main opposition candidate Svetlana Tsikhanoukaya received only 9.9 percent of the vote. Tensions may increase after this announcement of the election results, as supporters of the opposition believe that the election has been rigged. Thousands of people demonstrated on the streets of Belarus on Sunday night.
‘Person, woman, man, camera, TV’: Trump's 'cognitive test' is the internet's favourite meme
Swastika Row: New York State legislature stalls hate symbols bill; Hindu American Foundation appreciates move
The New York State Assembly Bill regarding the incorporation of "symbols of hate, including the swastika and the noose, into the curriculum for grades six through twelve" has been stalled and will not be brought up by the Assembly Committee on Education.
Meanwhile, the Hindu American Foundation (HAF) has appreciated the move. Taniel Koushakjian HAF Director of Public Policy said, "We appreciate that members of the New York State Senate and Assembly are open to hearing from Hindu Americans who, while supporting the spirit and intention of the legislation, have expressed deep concerns with the bill in its current form which inaccurately defines the swastika and ignores its origin and continued use as a positive, sacred religious symbol."
Several Hindu American organizations and community members had started petitions and awareness campaigns to educate New York state officials and the general public about the inaccuracies in the bill and the sacred meaning behind the swastika," read the HAF blog.
According to HAF, the bill defines 'Swastika' as a symbol of Nazi Germany, however, it fails to explain the historical origins and its use today as a symbol in various religions such as Hinduism, Sikhism, Jainism, and Buddhism.
“To label the Swastika as a symbol of hate would be a grave insult to 1.8 billion Hindus and Buddhists around the world,” American Hindus Against Defamation (AHAD) said in a statement.
AHAD has also demanded that the meaning and significance of 'Swastika' be included in the educational curriculum so that the hate crimes against Hindus are not perpetuated.