Bookmycab Car Rental receives approval from Pune Police for Pune domestic airport pick up and drop service along with other regions In Pune
Company goes digital launches “book2ride” app to cater to the demands
BookMycab Car Rental received approval from the Pune police for the city’s domestic airport pick and drop service along with other regions in Pune. The company has gone digital and launched a World class app, Book2Ride to make the process easy for travellers along with the taxi and rickshaw drivers. The approval has been received from Surendranath Deshmukh, Assistant Commissioner, Traffic Police Department. The application Book2Ride is available for download on IOS and Android phones and is backed by a 24 x 7 call center 020-66100100. This simple one tap booking app is a “Make In India” initiative which will try and ease the stress of Punekars during this global pandemic where commuting To and Fro within the city is currently challenging. There will be no surge pricing for the users and the riders will be charged a flat rate of Rs. 18 per km for the taxis and the night tariff would be just 25 % higher than the standard tariff.
The current fleet size available in phase one is around 250 plus vehicles, which includes a combination of both rickshaws and cars. The second phase will have around 1000 plus vehicles added as per the bookings. The company would be giving an equal opportunity to ladies and LGBT community drivers to be a part of this service.
This app will be used by the cab and auto-rickshaw drivers to receive the bookings. Customers can download the app on their smart phones and use this service. The app provides “Go-home” option for the drivers and remote area access where the vehicle will always have a pick up and will never ply empty. Another feature is the drivers directly get paid by the customer as per the fare meter and not through any booking agency where they driver fears deductions like service charges, higher percentage commissions etc. For the customers, the app has safety features with panic alerts and emergency number.,The vehicles are sanitized after every trip and drivers will wear masks and hand gloves. Sanitizers would be available in the vehicles and social distancing norms would be followed.
Kunal Kharat, Founder, Book2Ride says, “ We are always ready to serve India. Our vision is to be a trusted travel partner enabling secure and safe travel within the city. This service am sure would be a big relief considering the domestic flights have resumed. Corona has created havoc and we thought of launching the first phase of our service where customers could commute using the app and elderly people could call the helpline no and request for the cab. We are also working on developing an AI based algorithm to maximize the benefits to the driver.”
Ahead of Rajya Sabha elections, Rajasthan Congress moves all its MLAs into luxury resort fearing horse-trading
Ahead of the Rajya Sabha polls, the Rajasthan Congress, in an effort to prevent poaching, has moved all its MLAS to a luxury resort on the Jaipur-Delhi highway. The MLAS had been called for an urgent meeting at Chief Minister Ashok Gehlot’s residence on Wednesday evening they were told they were being directly moved to Shiv Vilas resort on Kukas and they would be staying there till the Rajya Sabha elections on June 19.
None of the MLAs who attended the meeting were aware that they would be sent to the resort to prevent possibility of poaching. They were told to call up and arrange for whatever essentials they needed during their stay. Some trusted MLAs had gone home in the night and promised to return on Thursday.
Gehlot too reached the resort and had dinner with the MLAS. Speaking to the media, Gehlot came down heavily on the BJP terming it a ‘fascist party engaged in horse trading’. "The BJP has been engaged in horse trading in Gujarat. It is playing a very dangerous game. How long can they indulge in the politics of horse trading? Such people need to be given shock treatment and the public will do it in coming times. We had a very fruitful meeting. Our leader Randeep Singh Surjewala was also present. Our candidate K C Venugopal and state in-charge Avinash Pande will be arriving on Thursday," said Gehlot.
The chief minister further said, "We have been engaged in saving lives and livelihoods during the pandemic, but this election has been announced. It could have taken place earlier, but they were delayed by exerting pressure on the election commission. Unlike those who defected in Madhya Pradesh, our MLAs are very intelligent. They have been given hefty offers but have resisted them to stay with us. All 13 independents who have expressed support to us are with us."
Earlier on Wednesday evening, the chief whip in Rajasthan assembly Mahesh Joshi wrote to the Anti-Corruption Bureau (ACB) and accused the BJP of making offers to their MLAs and demanded a probe. In a letter to the DG, ACB Joshi wrote, “We have come to know through reliable sources that on the lines of Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh and Gujarat; in Rajasthan our MLAs and those independents supporting us are being offered huge offers. This is an effort to destabilise a democratically elected government. It is not just a violation of democratic values and aspirations of the people; it is also unconstitutional, immoral and illegal.” Joshi demanded that these people be identified and legal action be taken against them.
Responding to the allegations state BJP chief Satish Poonia said, “These are baseless allegations and if they have such evidence then they should come out in the open with proof.”
How the numbers stand – In the 200 seat assembly of Rajasthan, Congress has 107 MLAs. It has the support of 1 RLD MLA and 13 independents. Three seats are coming up for election in Rajasthan. BJP can win only 1 unless it poaches into Congress votes. Both Congress and BJP have fielded two candidates each. If party sources are to be believed, the state leadership has assured the national leadership of BJP that they will ensure victory of both candidates. The three seats that have been vacated had been held by BJP.
After elephant and cow, a 6-year-old boy dies by biting into an explosive
Bill Gates' imaginary letter to Lalu Prasad Yadav after latter applied to Microsoft
QS World University Rankings: No Indian university in top 150
Coronavirus in Tamil Nadu: DMK MLA J Anbazhagan dies of COVID-19 on his birthday
The 62-year-old legislator was admitted at the Dr Rela Institute and Medical Centre in the city on 2nd June.
As per the report in ToI DMK MLA J Anbazhagan died because of COVID-19 in Chennai today. The 62-year-old legislator was admitted at the Dr Rela Institute and Medical Centre in the city on 2nd June after testing positive for coronavirus.
It was Anbazhagan's 62nd birthday today.
DMK President MK Stalin tweeted about the death of the leader in which he said, "The thunder and the lightning went down!"
Check out his Tweet here:
இடியும் மின்னலும் ஒருசேர இறங்கியது!
மக்கள் பணியில் அர்ப்பணித்துக்கொண்டு, தியாக தீபமாக சுடர்விட்டொளிரும் சகோதரர் @JAnbazhagan ஐ எப்படி மறப்பேன்? நானே தேம்பி அழும் நிலையில், அன்புவின் குடும்பத்தார்க்கும், உடன்பிறப்புகளுக்கும் எப்படி ஆறுதல் சொல்வேன்? இனி எப்போது பாச முகம் காண்பேன்?
8:47 PM - Jun 9, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
2,950 people are talking about this
J Anbazhagan was the MLA from The Chepauk-Thiruvallikeni constituency. According to the hospital, his condition started deteriorating by Monday evening.
He was 3 A three-time MLA. Anbazhagan was elected to the assembly in 2001, 2011 and 2016. He was elected from T Nagar constituency in Chennai in 2001 but moved to Chepauk in 2011 after he lost in 2006.
He was quite active in the relief work during the pandemic and is said to have contracted the virus while distributing COVID-19 relief measures under the ‘Ondrinaivom Va’ initiative of the DMK.
Tamil Nadu's CM Chief minister Edappadi K Palaniswami condoled his death in a tweet.
Edappadi K Palaniswami
திமுக சட்டமன்ற உறுப்பினரும் அக்கட்சியின் முன்னோடி நிர்வாகிகளில் ஒருவருமான திரு.ஜெ.அன்பழகன் அவர்கள் இன்று சிகிச்சை பலனின்றி உயிரிழந்தார் என்ற செய்தி மிகுந்த வருத்தமளிக்கிறது. அன்னாரது குடும்பத்தினருக்கும் அவர் சார்ந்த இயக்கத்தினருக்கும் எனது ஆழ்ந்த இரங்கலை தெரிவித்துக் கொள்கிறேன்.
8:27 PM - Jun 9, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
1,774 people are talking about this
Anbazhagan was one of Stalin's loyalists. He graduated from the DB Jain College, Madras University in 1980. He was also a well-known film producer and distributor. The leader is survived by his wife and two children.
Deve Gowda to contest Rajya Sabha elections
Highest Coronavirus single-day jump, just 17 short of 10,000
FIR against Churu's Sardarshar hospital as chat against Muslim community goes viral
Jaipur: A private hospital in Churu, Rajasthan faced a probe for allegations related to discrimination against Muslim patients about treatment of COVID-19. The matter came to the fore when screenshots of an internal WhatsApp group chat went viral. The hospital owner has apologised on Facebook while the police initiated a probe. An FIR was filed against 3 persons.
The hospital, Shrichand Baradiya Rog Nidan Kendra, is in Sardarshahar town. Controversy arose when screenshots of the chats on a group for staff members by the name of ‘Bardia Rise’ went viral on June 5. As per the chat, the hospital staff would not attend to Muslim patients. Two days later on June 7, a complaint was sent to the police control room at Sardarshahar by Maqbool Khan, the district president of Muslim Parishad Sanstan.
It is also alleged that a participant of the chats is Dr Bhagwati Choudhary, wife of hospital owner Dr Sunil Choudhary. The chats revealed the staff would not perform X-ray of Muslim patients. It also said Muslims coming to the OPD would not be provided treatment.
Police booked 3 persons — Dr Bhagwati Baradiya (Choudhary), Lalit Singh and Ankita. The charges include vilification on basis of religion and intention to incite people to commit a crime against other community under IPC along with charges of making and circulating false alarm or warning about a disaster leading to panic.
Even before the FIR was lodged, Dr Sunil Choudhary apologised on Facebook, which read, “I apologise for the chat of my hospital staff that is going viral on social media. My staff and I have never had intentions to harm the religious sentiments of any religious community. We have no intention of denying treatment to any community. If you have felt hurt by what happened, my staff and I apologise to you. We wish to emphasise that the hospital will not give you any cause of complaint.”
Sardarshahar had recorded its first COVID-19 case when members of the Tablighi Jamaat who attended the Nizamuddin Margaz tested positive. The chat was reportedly held on April 8.
The police are investigating all aspects. “We had received a complaint with screenshots of a chat on a WhatsApp group. The complaint says chat messages are communal and discriminatory in nature. We are investigating the matter,” said SI Ramesh Pannu of Sardarshahar police station. “The police are trying to ascertain the authenticity of the chats and identity of persons who made the screenshots viral. An FIR has been registered,” added Pannu.
Arvind Kejriwal warns hospitals of 'strict action' if they continue denying services to COVID-19 patients
Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal on Saturday lashed out at private hospitals and warned them of strict action if hospitals deny service to COVID-19 patients.
Warning those indulged in black-marketing of hospital beds, Arvind Kejriwal said, "Some hospitals are denying admission to COVID-19 patients. I am warning those who think they will be able to do black-marketing of beds using the influence of their protectors from other parties, you will not be spared."
#WATCH Some hospitals are denying admission to #COVID19 patients. I am warning those who think they will be able to do black-marketing of beds using the influence of their protectors from other parties, you will not be spared: Delhi Chief Minister Arvind Kejriwal
12:17 AM - Jun 6, 2020
Twitter Ads info and privacy
469 people are talking about this
The Delhi Chief Minister said that the state government has launched an app to stop the black marketing of beds. "We launched a mobile App to stop the black marketing of beds. We thought of making the information about number of beds and ventilators in hospitals transparent. There was uproar over it as if we committed a crime," Arvind Kejriwal said.
He, however, added that most of the private hospitals in Delhi were good and only a couple of them were indulging in such malpractice.
The government is talking to the owners of private hospitals to determine their problems in reserving 20 per cent of their beds for COVID-19 patients, he said. The chief minister also said that testing of COVID-19 has not been stopped in Delhi as reported by a section of media.
He said that currently 36 government and private laboratories were doing test of the novel coronavirus. Action was taken against six labs for irregularities, he added.