Today Picture



Woh (Modi) masjid kyun gaye ye poochhna padega…? VHP


LUCKNOW: Two days after Prime Minister Narendra Modi visited the Indore’s picturesque Saifee mosque to attend Ashara Mubarak organized by the Dawoodi Bohra community, Vishwa Hindu Parishad said on Sunday question’s his visit.
According to Times Of India reports, VHP international general secretary Milind Parande speaking to reporters told that nobody knows what was going in Modi’s mind when he visited the mosque.

“Woh (Modi) masjid kyun gaye ye poochhna padega… har kisi ko apni astha ke anusar kaam karna chahiye (We will have to ask why he went to the mosque…everyone should work according to one’s faith),” Parande said.

Parande further said that political leaders irrespective of a political party should think of the interests of Hindus since the community formed a majority of the Indian state.
“Anyone who wants to be in politics in this country will have to think of the interests of Hindus, irrespective of the political party to which one belongs,” he added.

Modi who attended and address the “Ashara Mubaraka” had invoked the grandson of Prophet Mohammad (PBUH) Imam Hussain (RA) to emphasize the need for peace and justice.

The Prime Minister said, “Imam Hussain (RA) had sacrificed his life for the sake of peace and justice. He had raised his voice against injustice and arrogance.”

media in put siasat.com




Hariyana C M assures strict action against arrested accused : Rewari Gangrape


Chief Minister Manohar Lal Khattar has directed the police to take stringent action against one of the accused who was arrested on Sunday in the alleged gangrape incident in Rewari.
Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh has also spoken to Khattar. Speaking to the media in Jammu, Singh said, “I have spoken to Haryana Chief Minister who has assured me of taking appropriate action in the case.”
Last week a girl was allegedly abducted, drugged and gang-raped in Haryana‘s Narnaularea. The FIR registered at Kanina identifies three accused – Pankaj, Manish and Nishu. While Nishu has been arrested, Pankaj, who is a Defence personnel stationed in Rajasthan, and Manish are yet to be arrested.
Addressing the media in Karnal, Khattar assured that the remaining two accused in the case would also be arrested soon. He warned that strict action would be taken if anyone was found harbouring them. “Police have been directed to take strict action in the case. The other two accused in the case will also be arrested soon. I appeal to the public not to harbour them. Strict legal action will be taken against those who harbour them,” the chief minister said.
On Sunday, the Special Investigation Team (SIT) in-charge of the case and NuhSuperintendent of Police (SP), Naazneen Bhasin, confirmed that one of the three main accused in the case, along with two aides, was arrested.
SP Bhasin informed that Nishu, one of the three main accused who was found to have allegedly planned the crime, was arrested along with two aides including Deen Dayal, the owner of the tubewell where the incident took place and a doctor, Sanjeev, who allegedly gave first aid to the victim.
Meanwhile, the Medical Superintendent of the Rewari district hospital, Sudarshan Panwar confirmed that the victim’s condition is normal and that she is recovering well from the trauma.
Newly appointed Rewari Superintendent of Police (SP) Rahul Sharma, who was appointed as a replacement for former Rewari SP Rajesh Duggal on Sunday, met with the victim earlier today and said that her safety and the nabbing of the remaining accused were the two primary objectives right now.

“Safety of victim is one of the main concerns, arresting the remaining accused is another. It doesn’t end with the arrest but with conviction of the accused. So securing evidence and ensuring they get convicted through fast track court would be the next step,” Sharma said.

Also, Rewari Deputy Commissioner Ashok Kumar Sharma said that the family of the victim had requested that no one, without permission, should be allowed to visit them at the hospital. A cabin outside the hospital was being constructed in line with the request where people can meet the family.
“If they (victim’s family) want to meet them inside the hospital, they will (be allowed in), otherwise they won’t. The family has also said that they are satisfied with the treatment and have given that in writing, so the treatment will continue here,” Sharma said.




PM Modi’s blue-eyed boy A K Sharma in CBI weakened notice against Mallya, allowed him to flee: Rahul Gandhi


New Delhi: Congress president Rahul Gandhi on Saturday alleged that it was the “blue-eyed boy” of Prime Minister Narendra Modi in the CBI who weakened the lookout notice against fugitive liquor baron Vijay Mallya and allowed him to flee the country.

Taking to Twitter, Gandhi alleged that it was AK Sharma, a Gujarat-cadre officer in the Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI), who played a crucial role in weakening the lookout notice against Mallya. He also alleged that the same officer played a key role in the escape plans of fugitive diamond traders Nirav Modi and Mehul Choksi.

“CBI Jt. Director, A K Sharma, weakened Mallya’s “Look Out” notice, allowing Mallya to escape. Mr Sharma, a Gujarat cadre officer, is the PM’s blue-eyed-boy in the CBI. The same officer was in charge of Nirav Modi & Mehul Choksi’s escape plans. Ooops…investigation! (sic),” he wrote on the microblogging website.

Gandhi and his party have accused Modi and Finance Minister Arun Jaitley of “helping” Mallya to flee the country after defaulting on bank loans. The Congress has demanded Jaitley’s resignation over the issue and a probe into how Mallya escaped.

The 62-year-old tycoon, who is on bail on an extradition warrant since his arrest in April last year, is fighting extradition to India on charges of fraud and money laundering amounting to around Rs 9,000 crore. Gandhi’s tweet came days after Mallya claimed that he had met Jaitley before leaving the country in March, 2016. “I met the finance minister before I left,” the liquor baron had told reporters Wednesday outside the Westminster Magistrates’ Court in London, where his extradition case is being heard. Jaitley has, however, denied the charges against him.




Ailing Goa CM Manohar Parrikar heads to Delhi AIIMS for follow-up treatment


Panaji: Ailing Goa Chief Minister Manohar Parrikar on Saturday headed to the national capital via a special chartered flight for further treatment and examination at the All India Institute for Medical Sciences (AIIMS).

Parrikar, who is suffering from advanced pancreatic cancer, also held meetings with Speaker Pramod Sawant and Deputy Speaker Michael Lobo amid talks of distribution of some portfolios currently being looked after by him. “Portfolios would be distributed today to existing ministers so that the administration of Goa can run smoothly and ministers can take decisions on any files. He will distribute 48 portfolios, but will keep two or three like Home, Finance, GAD for himself,” Lobo told reporters after meeting Parrikar at a private hospital in the beach village of Candolim, located 15 km from Panaji.

Apart from holding key portfolios, Parrikar is holding charge of ministries allocated to Francis D’Souza and Pandurang Madkaikar, both of whom have been hospitalised due to severe ailments. A central team of Bharatiya Janata Party observers is also expected to arrive in Goa and meet legislators and representatives of allied parties, while also finalising an alternative leader of the BJP-led coalition government in Parrikar’s absence.

Lobo also said, that the decision of change of leadership has not been taken yet and that Parrikar would continue as the Chief Minister.  “This can be only discussed at a time when he cannot continue anymore. Till then it is not right to discuss. The national leaders will discuss with core committee. If that need arises, only then a decision on change will be taken,” he added. Parrikar has been in and out of hospitals in the US, Mumbai and Goa since February. The Chief Minister’s continued absence from office has been a subject of criticism among the Opposition as well as civil society.




Two arrested in connection with case of Delhi cop’s son thrashing woman


New Delhi: Two persons have been arrested in connection with the incident of a Delhi policeman’s son allegedly brutally thrashing a woman, a video of which has gone viral, police said Saturday.

Image result for thrashing woman

The accused were identified as Ali Hasan (24) and Rajesh (30), they said. Police said Hasan is the owner of a call centre at Hastsal road, where the viral video was allegedly shot and the other accused, Rajesh, works as a peon at the same call centre. The main accused, Rohit Tomar, 21, was arrested Friday after Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh tweeted that the video has come to his notice and he has directed Delhi Police Commissioner Amulya Patnaik to take necessary action in the matter.

The cases against the main accused – one of criminal intimidation and molestation and the other of rape – were registered based on the version of two women, police said. The first case was registered on Thursday at the Tilak Nagar police station in West Delhi following a complaint by Tomar’s woman friend alleging that he showed her a video in which he could be seen thrashing a woman, Deputy Commission of Police (DCP West) Monika Bhardwaj had said.
Tomar allegedly threatened her with the same kind of treatment if she did not follow his instructions. The second case was registered at the Uttam Nagar police station after another woman, who was seen in the video, approached the police on Friday alleging that on September 2, Tomar had called her to his friend’s office in Uttam Nagar and raped her. He will be arrested on production warrant from court for further investigation in the case in Uttam Nagar, a senior officer said.

In the video, Tomar is seen thrashing the woman when she threatened to file a police complaint against him. Apart from Tomar, one person is seen roaming around while another one filmed the incident. The person filming it could be heard asking Tomar to stop beating the woman. But Tomar continued thrashing the woman and abusing her. The woman, seen in the video shared widely on social media and shown on TV channels, told the police that Tomar called her to his friend’s office in Uttam Nagar and raped her, Anto Alphonse, Deputy Commissioner of Police (Dwarka), said Friday.

Tomar is the son of Ashok Kumar Tomar, an assistant sub-inspector with the Delhi Police in the central district. The accused was employed with a call centre till last month and is currently unemployed. He is a second year student of Delhi University, where he is pursuing BA (programme) through correspondence. Police said the woman, who was allegedly threatened by Tomar with an assault video, was in a relationship with him for one-and-a-half years and they were about to get married.

PTI 




A youth was hacked to death on Friday in front of his wife in Telangana


Hyderabad: A youth was hacked to death on Friday in front of his wife in Telangana’s Nalgonda district, six months after he had an inter-caste love marriage.
The incident occurred in broad daylight in Miryalguda town, 150 km from here.

According to police, Pranay Kumar and his wife Amrutha Varshini were coming out of a hospital when an unidentified man attacked him with a machete.

CCTV footage shows a youth approaching Pranay from behind and attacking him on his neck. The victim collapsed but the attacker continued hacking him even as the woman tried to save her husband.
The attacker escaped after throwing the machete while Amrutha was seen rushing into the hospital to seek help. Pranay, however, died on the spot.
Pranay and Amrutha, belonging to different castes, married despite opposition from her parents. Police suspect the involvement of her relatives in the murder.
IANS




The Urdu version of the book “Exam Warriors” launched today


New Delhi: The Urdu version of the book “Exam Warriors”, authored by Prime Minister Narendra Modi, will be launched on Saturday during a cultural event to be organised by India Islamic Cultural Centre at Dr Ambedkar International centre, 15 Janpath, at 10:30 am. Cultural programmes will also be presented during the event.
Union Human Resource Development Minister Prakash Javadekar, Union Minority Affairs Minister Mukhtar Abbas Naqvi, Petroleum Minister Dharmendra Pradhan, actor Rishi Kapoor, filmmaker Muzaffar Ali, actor Annu Kapoor and India Islamic Cultural Centre President Sirajuddin Qureshi will grace the occasion.
In his book “Exam Warriors”, Prime Minister Modi has given 25 tips to parents and students for dealing with stress during examinations. Advising the students to celebrate exams as festivals and face the exams with fervour, he exhorted them to become a ‘warrior’ and not a ‘worrier’. He has also mentioned yoga exercises and advised the students to have quality sleep to beat stress.

The Urdu translation of the book has been done by Dr Nasira Rizvi. The Urdu version of the book has been published by Fardeen Book Depot.




False information led to mob lynching in India: US expert


New Delhi: Geysha Gonzalez, associate director for the Eurasia centre at the Atlantic Council, on Wednesday asserted that “in India, circulation of false information via messaging app has led to some mob lynching incidents.”
Elaborating further on the issue she said, “This challenge is not new. It has been around as long as humans have been on Earth to spread rumours and gossip. Now there are new platforms so that sharing false info can become viral. In India, use of false info via messaging app led to some mob lynching incidents. There is a need for individuals to understand how we can tackle the challenge”.

Talking of ways to deal with false information and measures that one must adopt to discourage propagation of such information, she added, “There is a lot of individual power in what we do and what we react to. You can say, “Check your sources”. There is a need to start a debate. As individuals, on Whatsapp and also on other platforms, question info you receive.”
ANI




Cancer will kill nearly 10 million people this year, : experts


Paris: Cancer will kill nearly 10 million people this year, experts said Wednesday, warning the disease’s global burden continues to rise in spite of better prevention and earlier diagnosis.
An estimated 18.1 million new cancer cases were predicted worldwide for 2018 — with 9.6 million deaths, said a report of the International Agency for Research on Cancer (IARC).

This is up from estimated 14.1 million new cancer cases and 8.2 million deaths reported in the agency’s last assessment just six years ago.

The toll is rising as populations expand and grow older, and people in developing nations adopt unhealthy, high-risk lifestyles traditionally associated with richer economies.

An increased focus on prevention — encouraging people to get exercise, quit smoking, and eating a healthy diet — led to a drop in certain types of cancer in some population groups, the IARC said.

Yet the overall number of new cases is racing ahead of efforts to contain the disease.

“These new figures highlight that much remains to be done to address the alarming rise in the cancer burden globally and that prevention has a key role to play,” said IARC director Christopher Wild.

One in five men and one in six women will develop cancer during their lifetime, the study said, and the World Health Organization expects the disease to be the leading cause of death in the 21st century.

There are dozens of types of cancer, and the agency found large differences between countries due to a host of socioeconomic factors.

– Biggest killer –
Asia, unsurprisingly given its enormous population, accounted for nearly half of all new cases and more than half of cancer deaths worldwide in 2018.

Lung cancer remains the biggest killer overall, responsible for some 1.8 million deaths — nearly a quarter of the global toll.

For women, breast cancer caused 15 percent of cancer deaths, followed by lung cancer (13.8 percent) and colorectal cancer (9.5 percent).

The figures highlighted a worrying rise in lung cancer rates for women — it is now the leading cause of female cancer deaths in 28 countries including Denmark, the Netherlands, China, and New Zealand.

The data showed that cancer types traditionally associated with rich country lifestyles — more overweight people who are less inclined to exercise — were increasingly common in developing nations.

“One of the things that happens with transitions towards high levels of socio-economic development is the environment changes,” Freddie Bray, IARC’s head of cancer surveillance, told AFP.

“There is more physical inactivity and that happens to be a particularly high risk factor for colon cancer, for example.”

– Momentum lacking –
Bray said models using current cancer statistics and predicted trends forecast as many as 29 million new cases a year by 2040.

“The extent to which this is becoming a major public health problem and the diversity of cancers that we see in different regions is also a striking point,” Bray said.

Anti-cancer measures could take the form of stricter tabacco controls to limit lung cancer, or initiatives to encourage physical activity to reduce the risk of colon cancer.

But the study warned that global efforts to rein in one of mankind’s biggest killers still “lacked momentum”.

“Either from a social or an economic point of view the numbers are increasing,” said Bray.

This means “there’s a need to invest in prevention and public health programmes, and develop health services’ capacity, particularly in low-medium income countries.”

SOURCE: AGENCE FRANCE-PRESSE




petrochemical factory boiler explodes : 6 workers killed


Lakhnau : An explosion in a private petrochemical factory in Uttar Pradesh’s Bijnor left at least six labourers dead and two others are seriously injured while one worker is missing.

This explosion took place at around 8 am when the boiler of the factory was being repaired.
Superintendent of Police Umesh Kumar Singh said in his statement that “There was a blast in the Mohit Petro-Chemical Factory located on Nagina Road. In the blast, labourers Balgovind, Ravi, Lokendra, Kamalveer, Vikrant and Chetram died. Two labourers were brought to a hospital in a serious condition. One labourer is said to be missing.”
He further added, “As per information gathered so far, the boiler of the factory was not functioning for the past few days. Today, while it was being repaired, there was a blast in the boiler while welding work was going on.”
AGENCY IN PUT





Top